1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Problems "Couldn't find_DS_MENU.DAT" HELP SOMEONE!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by necrozboy, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

Oh my...I just got the R4 today and...I istalled something called R4_v1.18_English...But it wont work..I did the FAT 32 thing and its still not working...*sobs* help me please...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

did you extract the files from the rar file?

3. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

4. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

But let me e exact..what rar files?

5. Loonylion

the firmware comes in a rar file. the files inside the rar must be extracted to the root of your microSD card.

6. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

I ahve no firmware...I mean if you rever to the R4_v1.18_English thing? If its not that then I dont know wat'cha talking about

7. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

Oh and what is ther root file?

8. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

oh and the file its asking me for is the DS_MENU.DAT and that file is inside the English folder... so

9. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

:( Are you there? ???

10. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

Root file being the MicroSD's main directory, like when you go to My Computer and click on it. Extract the _system_ folder to there.

11. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

Well,I Have to create one...SHould I name it like something especific or should I name it anyhting?

12. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

And where can I get this firmware thing? I mean is the R4_v1.18_English the right thing?

13. Loonylion

R4_v1.18_English is the firmware. you need to open the 'english' folder and copy all of the files inside onto your microSD. Don't copy the english folder, just what is inside it.

14. necrozboy

necrozboy Member

Can somebody help me...I am really mad...It goes so well with some people and soo wrong with me..MAN I am mad....Its still not working...ok this is how I have my data organized in the microsd 1GB card...

Root folder>>> two files out of folders (_DS_MENU and _DS_MSHL.NDS)>>>_SYSTEM_ or>>>moonshl or>>>Games folder (which I created to place my roms in there,and yes all are DS) help please!

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Whoa, 5 consecutive posts, please read the [rules], it is not allowed to double (or more) post. Be patient. Try redownloading your firmware from Linfox Domain, click the Linfox Domain in my signature. Once downloaded, extract it, take everything inside the english folder, _system_, moonshl, DS.NDS (etc) and DS_MENU.DAT and put them straight on your MicroSD. You should have had a total of four files, once you extracted the firmware from the archive.

16. jkmtah@tds.net

[email protected] New Member

the same thing happened to me ???????????????

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

18. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Download the firmware from LinfoxDomain from Anand signature.(are work with it?)

• Extract it
    • Go inside the English folder
    • There suppose to have _system_,moonshl,_DS_Menu,_DS_Moonshl.NDS.Make sure you have these four.
    • send this 4 file to your SD card
    • Create a Game file
    • Put the extracted game
    • Plug-out and play

19. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

If none of these suggestions work maybe your R4 is a sdhc it will say on the cartridge, if so then you need a different firmware which is v1.24 or v1.25 and then of course some R4 knockoffs take a different firmware altogether.

20. Yarukinasu

Yarukinasu Well-Known Member

R4SDHC works with v1.18 firmware too so... There shouldn't be a problem with it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.