1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Corrupt WinRAR extraction issues...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by crunchynumber, Apr 2, 2015.

1. crunchynumber

crunchynumber New Member

So I have been trying for the past few days to download Mario Kart Double Dash for the gamecube and I have had some issues.

First, I used google chrome and my downloads would stop downloading and present themselves as finished at around the 70% mark.

I looked around online and found that maybe firewall is the problem so I disabled it for the download. Didn't help.

I then found one of the forum posts saying firefox works well with this site so I downloaded mario kart on firefox. The download completed to 100% but when trying to extract I get these errors...

C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\Mario Kart Double Dash (U)(GCRip).rar: Checksum error in Mario Kart - Double Dash!! (USA).iso. The file is corrupt

and

C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\Mario Kart Double Dash (U)(GCRip).rar: Unexpected end of archive

I ran the repair tool on winrar but it pumps out the same errors every time.

I have also tried other roms for different systems with the same problem (I tried downloading Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy for the PS2)

I have Webroot Security software running but I don't think it's the problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

make sure you're using the latest version of winrar, and also use a download manager to help prevent corrupt downloads.

3. crunchynumber

crunchynumber New Member

Do you have a download manager in mind?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

'IDM'.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

any download manager that complies with the HTTP range spec should work. IDM and flashget are quite widely used by people on this forum.

DAP (download accelerator plus) is known to have issues, and jdownloader won't work ever, but other than that just about any download manager should work