1. This forum is in read-only mode.

download fails?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by morris241, Apr 16, 2015.

1. morris241

morris241 New Member

Im new to this. Got the epsxe emulator. Downloaded all the stuff they told me to download. Now i need roms. When i try to download a rom my droid says download failed. And this happens on all rom sites. I just want to play lol any help would be great. Or if someone can point me in the right thread ill greatly appreciate it.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what rom are you trying to download, and on what device?

epsxe is for a PC not a tablet/smartphone to my knowledge. and phones can have issues downloading large files, you'd be better off using a computer.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

no you can play epsxe on android. its on googleplay and you have to pay to play no freebies.

avoid using your device to download roms or iso, since you device doesnt like certain files. Just use you pc to add it to it. SECOND what kind of phone you are using. You need at least 1.5ghz of cpu power, and 1gb of ram or it will be a futile attempt as it wont play well or at all.

4. morris241

morris241 New Member

Im using lg g3 . and ive used an emulator before. Just not for ps. And yes i can open rar files. But that makes sense. Ill dl the roms on a laptop and move to my phone. But i shouldnt have too.
    Post Merge: [time]1429150550[/time]
    Nvm i just downloaded . download all apps from the app store. Vala. Fixed.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there's a limit to the size of files that a phone can handle when downloading/extracting.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Right. Known good PSX/1 emulator for Android are ePSXe and FPSe. And yes, how well your device emulates it, depends entirely on your device's spec and memory allocation available.

Says you? Because you're a supporter of originals and officials, right? I noticed from your several past posts. Which is fine, everyone have their principles. I respect that, I would buy originals and officials myself ONLY IF there's no alternative to cheap or cost-free ones. I'm on extremely tight budget. :p

There are plenty of sites where you can get latest full version ePSXe.apk. Fact is new released or new updated APK (APP or GAME that must be purchase as premium) are almost instantaneously available free on various unofficial APK sites. Even better, hacked/mod/full paid copies are also made available in those sites within minutes or days after it was published in Google Play Store.

Depending on the device spec you can download just about any file of a certain max size limit due to the allocated internal memory serving that function/purpose. While files of any extension can be downloaded just fine, it doesn't then mean it is immediately compatible or readable or identifiable, as that depends entirely on whether there is an application in the device to read/manage/handle it. At most it would be counted as 'unknown file', and you'd end up deleting it or moving it to your computer.

7. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

If it helps them improve it then YES. epsxe site SAYS to get from googleplay for android, this is how they get donations to improve the emulator. Its only $3.75(fpse is $3.68), not like it cost an arm and a leg. hell i buy you a google play card so you can get it (too bad they dont let you gift like steam). Course that is if you could treat me nicer.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Thanks for the offer, but I've both. However only uses ePSXe.apk to nostalgically check out some oldies. I could treat you nicer, if I could send you a cake. But we're texting posts, so words are the best gift I could offer. :p