1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 SDHC fake card?!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Hiro-kunX2, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hiro-kunX2

Hiro-kunX2 Member

Hello I recently bought a R4 3DS SDHC card to download games on my NDS Lite. I first put R4 Wood on it, but it didn't work, it said "Menu?" After that, I downloaded other firmware, then it said: "Fake card, return to retailer." What is this? I know that my card is fake but which firmware do I need to put on it now? I've been waiting for so long for this card. Can any of you help me with this? The site on the package does not work. And I am new to this kind of stuff...

BTW I forgot to tell it's full name is R4 SDHC Dual-Core

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Q: I first put R4 Wood on it, but it didn't work, it said "Menu?"
    A: That's because WOOD R4 isn't for that cart. There's an unofficial version but I doubt (though not 100% sure) if it supports that cart.
    However WOOD R4 is a secondary firmware from third party. You need to first and foremost install it's primary firmware from
    it's official maker to make the cart work.

Q: After that, I downloaded other firmware, then it said: "Fake card, return to retailer." What is this?
    A: That's because you put an R4 firmware not meant for that cart. And what that wording meant is very straight forward.
    The console recognizes it as not being a cart officially distributed by Nintendo or it's affiliates.
    Since you're playing on NDSL, that shouldn't matter so long you install correct firmware for that cart.

Q: Which firmware do I need to put on it now?
    A: You need to put in a firmware meant for that cart from it's official website or one that is meant for it from which ever alternative
    source providing copies of that firmware.

Q: The site on the package does not work.
    A: Try linfoxdomain NDS download page (use Google Search). If you can't find it there or anywhere nor it's official website,
    then you're most likely out of luck. Consider buying other cart then.

Q: Can any of you help me with this?
    A: Unlikely, if as you said it yourself the cart's official website had seized to exist.

3. MarkusDiamond

MarkusDiamond New Member

nice answer ! Prectorian

4. Davidolives

Davidolives Member

As far as i know, the latest 2014 r4i gold dual core is V3.4b now, and its offical site is r4isdhc.com, you can go to download tha latest kernel. If your card site is not this one, then sorry maybe you have to buy a new one and not from that site again.

5. miguel2014

miguel2014 New Member

Menu? is mean you download wrong kernel or did not save kernel files into root of micro SD card,please try to format your micro SD card.
    1.Download kernel from r4isdhc.com
    2.Un-zip kernel,Open file
    3.Copy moonmemo , moonshl2 ,R4iMenu ,R4 into micro SD card.
    4.Insert micro SD card into r4,insert r4 into console.
    Please not there 2 type r4 sdhc dual core,please download kernel form official site,the website on the card sticker.

6. kenebon

kenebon Member

If you're looking for a reliable place to buy real DS cards, I'd recommend r43dscards uk mainly because they ship by next day worldwide, but also because they test every single card before sending so you don't get a card that doesn't work. You can also e-mail them questions, even before you buy - and they tend to reply within about a day. I've bought mine from there (they are the third store I've tried but I'm sticking with them!) and several more since for friends and family.

7. wxlix

wxlix Member

If your 3DS is showing this error message, it means that the kernel/driver is missing on the micro SD memory card inserted in the flashcart or your micro sd card is not compatible. Try Below:
    1. copy the correct kernel/driver onto the micro SD, the issue will be resolved immediately. For R4i SDHC, the driver and the complete setup guide are available from the official site.(I can't list the url at here).
    2. change another new micro sd card, you should format it first.