1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible to migrate pokemon from a pkm rom to a real heart gold game pak?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by saken_, Apr 11, 2010.

1. saken_

saken_ Active Member

Here's my situation:
    I own a legit copy of pokemon heart gold and an eazy flash 3-in1 with pokemon emerald as a rom. I wanted to migrate pokemon but for some reason it doesn't show any other choices after I start heartgold with the ez flash in.

I have the national dex unlocked in heart gold, beat everything up to right before red. However, in emerald, while I do have more than six pokemon in the pc, i have yet to battle for my first badge (im en route to the place after father's gym). In addition, though I already patched the rom to emulate the rtc (it works and saves fine now) it still shows the message that [the internal battery is dry, and last save is corrupted).

Could my problem be that the rtc is fake? I need to get all 8 badges or some other attain some form of accomplishment from emerald? Or is the rom just incompatible for this type of job?

**I have played with other ds games that required their gba counterparts to unlock bonus features and the worked just fine so I don't think that would be it...

Please help or offer any info if possible!
    Thanks in advance~

2. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I have a feeling you need at least one badge... But I'm not 100%

3. duckie112

duckie112 Member

ive got all badges so far also with a gba flash so i cant tell tho but hg/ss might need 1 badge at least for the pal park to work on the gba just try =3

4. Loerch

Loerch Member

I use a Platin Romand a real firered in my gba slot.
    I have a national dex on my platin and all 8 badges on firered but I have yet to get the national dex or beat the elite 4. I can migrate without a problem.
    So I think you just need to have a badge on your emerald.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

You need the real card of Pokemon Emerald.

Om my friends R4, it worked without any problem on a real card -- he got no badges.

When in the HG/SS menu (with "Continue" and such), you need to select something related with transferring.

It won't work when you have an EZFlash.

The HG/SS game searches for one file on the GBA card, and it didn't find it, so doesn't show that option.

6. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but then again I haven't gotten that far in soul silver. So I would just try it at different points. after one badge, two badges, all the Johto badges, after national dex, you get the idea. From what I have seen the point you are at in the GBA version does not effect the outcome of the Pal Park. just the NDS version.

from what YoshiFlip has said that could be the issue, so try transfering to older version (DPPt) then trade it over to your new version

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

If you have real cart from the last generation of Pokemon, I would suggest transferring from the EZflash to the real cart. Obviously this would solve all your issues, but requires the use of either SP's or lower and a transfer cable. I can't foresee an easy way to solve that issue. The internal battery being dry shouldn't affect anything, I've traded with an actual cart that had that issue before.

Have you tried getting a different game (Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green), getting the box to 6 Pokemon, and seeing if you can transfer?

8. hot-dani

hot-dani Member

hey i have inoffical GBA games like emerald firered leaf green when i put them in my ds with platinum or peral how to migrate

9. yoshi2889

You ca't.

10. saken_

saken_ Active Member

Thanks for the info guys, its appreciated~

I have all eight badges now and beat the elite 4, as well as unlocked national dex in my Emerald rom. So now it is in equal standing with my heart gold game pak. I also made sure to flash the rom into the ezflash to update the stored info and tried playing it directly from the flash so that I could confirm that it works, and it does.
    However, it seems that it still doesn't recognize the rom in my ez flash. According to yoshiflip, the game "looks for a file" to allow migration, Im guessing that would be a sav. file.

11. yoshi2889

It could be, but it also can be looking for the game onto the GBA card...

not sure.

You could try putting the GBA ROM into your root of the EZFlash or the R4...

12. ileikazn

ileikazn Member

I'm having problems on my Supercard for migrating pokemon. I have the Soul Silver ROM and the real Ruby version and everytime I try to migrate it gives me an error that there is no sav file or it's corrupt. I know my ruby sav file isn't corrupt because I played it today. Do you know what's the problem?

13. yoshi2889

Are you sure you have any pokémon in the Ruby box?

14. ileikazn

ileikazn Member

I do have have pokemon in my ruby box.