1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Grand theft auto San Andreas download

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Crunkjuice, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Crunkjuice

Crunkjuice New Member

When I try to unzip I get an error "Unexpected end of Archive" "Iso file is corrupt", is there a problem with the file?? Can I get my points refunded? my PS2 emulator works fine btw...
    Post Merge: [time]1406396449[/time]

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

You get this because the compressed file you downloaded is corrupt. The file hasn't been properly/ fully downloaded.
    Download it again, this time using something other than the browsers download manager.
    Use a 3rd party s/w such as IDM.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the file on the server is fine because the PS2 collection was recently checked and all corrupt files on the server were replaced.

4. Crunkjuice

Crunkjuice New Member

Would try this but wont be able to download again unless I'm refunded my credits =(

5. Loonylion

its free for 24 hours after the original download was started.

6. Crunkjuice

Crunkjuice New Member

Its still there! ok getting an IDM now , thank you everyone for your input, hope it works, (super excited!)

Post Merge: [time]1406403534[/time]
    Well the site keeps saying it wont allow multiple downloads idk wth , I'm bout to give up.. some HTTP error ... then i get kicked off the site... Ok I think i got it, had to hold down insert while clicking the link, its downloading now..

Post Merge: [time]1406412273[/time]
    Downloaded again using IDM, still having original issue, can't extract oh well... there goes a weeks worth of points ....

7. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

I use 7zip for my extracting zips/rar/any other compressed file. been using it for 12 years with zero issues and very easy to learn. Also before extracting, make sure you check the file size to see if it matchs the one you just downloaded. sometimes isp system will cut your connections when servers are overloaded giving you a small unfinished download. When that happens its try try try again.

8. Loonylion

make sure you're using the latest version of winrar or 7zip to extract. Sometimes the algorithm gets changed and isn't backwards compatible, so it thinks the file is corrupt.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

72 now. Seph changed it.

10. Crunkjuice

Crunkjuice New Member

I ended up gettin it from a different source, works fine, although thank you everyone for responding, and I will use this advice in the future.
    Post Merge: [time]1406572112[/time]
    Although while playing the screen occasionally flickers, any tips on something in the settings that might help?

11. Loonylion

None other than experiment. Optimal settings can vary significantly between games and computers.

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

There is no "THE BEST" settings, each games require a different configuration.

Its hard to play open world games like GTA on emulators, its a very demanding ps2 game to be emulated even for the most powerful PCs.

If you want to play with no graphical errors at all, you will have to play on S/W Mode. The downside here being a huge fps drop. Coz this puts the entire load on your CPU.

So its better if you get the pc version of the game.

It would be much easier for us if we knew your PC Specifications?? CPU , Video Card, Ram, OS??