1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Putting cwcheats on PSP CFW 6.60 PRO-B10

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by toffster92, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I've searched the internet to the best of my ability and I still can't figure out how to put and access cheats on my PSP.
    I know I'm supposed to use cwcheats but I still can't figure out how to correctly install it in my PSP.

I'm using a PSP 3000 with a CFW 6.60 PRO-B10 (non-permanent CFW, I have to use fast recovery every time the PSP shuts down)

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm not well versed on temporary hacks, but it should still be the same as CFW. You put the cwcheat.prx file in the plugins folder, and then enable the plugin from the recovery menu under plugins.

3. toffster92

And how do you access the recovery menu?

4. insanecrazy07

Again, not well versed on temporary hacks. For CFW, you hold down R while booting up.

5. toffster92

Hmmm, but see, like I said, I've only got a temporary CFW. When I turn the PSP off, the CFW automatically shuts down so I can't get into the boot-up screen.

6. insanecrazy07

Press select on the XMB to access vsh, and then reboot from there? I don't know. This is why I like CFW.

7. toffster92

I found the plugin menu by acessing the vsh and accessing the recovery menu from there!
    Now all I need is the latest version of cwcheats and the latest database.

I don't suppose you have any advice or help for that issue too?

8. insanecrazy07

You really have to troll around on google to find the most recent one. I think there was one on GBAtemp, but who knows how up to date those are...

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

http://www.tjsdaily.com/2010/07/biggest-cw-cheat-database-download.html ---->CW site that has codes of november 2011

10. toffster92

Found another problem. Current CFW doesn't support cwcheats apparently. I enabled the plugins and tried to access it in-game but no menu pops up. I used the site Duncan gave me above so I know the databases are up to date.

Anyone here know how to downgrade CFWs?
    sorry if I'm being difficult but I really don't want to grind for hours just to get an item that only has a 1/1250 chance of dropping. (FF4:CC - Pink tails. If you've tried this before, you'll know my pain)

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Download the 6.60 pro B 10 that says it's fixed, google it, download and run the lite CFW, also check the you enabled the plug in, and finally wait at least until you have loaded the game and hold select for about 4-6 seconds then go onto settings and reduce the time that it takes it to pop up.

Recovery menu on lite firmware is select at any time, and for ingame is again select, and i do understand your pain, tho, not sure if pink tails work for anything in FF4:CC due that in FF4:DS these were made onto useless since the tiny man that gives you the adamantite wont do shit and if you hack adamantites the blacksmith wont forge more armor.

12. insanecrazy07

I can't seem to find an original PRO B10 link, but here's PRO B10 fix 1 that has plugin support.
    http://psp.dashhacks.com/downloads/psp-custom-firmware-pro-b10

13. toffster92

Finally got it working!

Turns out I had to manually add command lines to the game.txt and vsh.txt in order for the plugins to be recognized.
    Anyways, since I finally resolved this issue (After days of searching) Mods can lock this now.

Thanks to you insanecrazy07 and Duncan Idaho for all your help.

14. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I will do that for you Toffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.