1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HM Sunshine Islands: Horse Festival Practice bug?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MarkHM, Mar 17, 2015.

1. MarkHM

MarkHM New Member

I am playing Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands using the latest version of no$zoomer on my laptop. One of the features in that game is where you can practice your horse for this "Horse Festival". It's where the player has to blow into the DS microphone in order for the horse to pull its sled faster. I don't use any microphone because no$zoomer already provided me the enable mic option. It is easier because you just have to select and deselect it. An indicator from the screen will show a mic logo. It turns red once you turned on and selected the enable mic option in the emulator.

It works fine mind you except for one thing recently. Yesterday I tried to play the Horse Festival Practice game, somehow the mic indicator started turning on and off and enabling itself without my control. Is this a bug? How do I solve this. I don't want to start a new game all over again since I've somehow reached far and spent a lot of days into the game.

Seems there's no option into these forums where I can attach my .sav file into this post. Hope someone would kindly respond and give help to me.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Maybe a glitch in the emulator's coding or something. Try resetting No$Zoomer, and if any cheats (other than those meant to bypass antipiracy) are in use try deactivating it, and then see if problem persist. Another option is to download latest No$GBA. Whether the old save file can be exported to run on the latest, I have no idea. If it still doesn't help, maybe try playing on DeSmuMe emulator instead. And just in case you are wondering, No! I have not played HM:SI, so I no idea what goes on in that horse festival.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

I have played it, but i used a microphone. like any of the "blow" parts in other games, you have to blow for a while and be sure to inhale a big breathe before that. Also i used desmume and have no clue about the enable mic feature for nozoomer. use a mike if you have one.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I once tried playing Ace Attorney game on DeSmuMe which requires saying 'objection' into the mic, I didn't use any mic! I simply use a sound.wav file (nothing specific, just whatever sound file available), works like a charm.

But the OP isn't talking about that, he knows how to use the mic. He's asking if what he's experiencing is a glitch or something else altogether, and for solution. You have?

5. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

What he describing is a glitch in the nozoomer program. Nozoomer is not part of the no$gba program and does has bugs and no there is no fix since it was dropped. If the game doesnt work cause of it, just use the mike to skip that part. It is not literally rocket science and no the game isnt bugged there, but there are a few other glitchs. all harvest moon has them.