1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to play 3DS games on R4i 3DS?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by PurbleRabble, Feb 5, 2013.

1. PurbleRabble

PurbleRabble Member

Hi,

I just got my R4i 3DS V4.5 card and I'm gutted I've only just realised that this card doesn't seem to play 3DS games. Does anyone know a way around this or has this already been resolved and I'm looking at old threads?

Thanks in advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No flashcart can play 3ds games.

3. PurbleRabble

PurbleRabble Member

Thanks for the reply, do you know if this will be changed soon?

4. Loonylion

unlikely.

5. Loonylion

It cannot, that is completely misleading. It contains an ACTUAL 3ds game cartridge in addition to its flashcart components. No 3ds rom support at all.

6. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I must agree with Loonylion, despite that there is a known exploit the ones that discovered it wont be relasing it to public, just a by product and they want to remove all related uses for piracy so it's just plain HB (If something like that i possible)

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Elaborating on what andrew loftus has said.

The Ace3DS Pro supports one 3DS game (don't confuse it with a ROM) and can play DS ROMs normally.
    You can switch between the 3DS game and firmware for 3DS ROMs by using a little switch.

Just note this: The card has actually not being released yet. I have attempted to contact the Ace3DS Team about this, but they haven't replied to any of my emails.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The easiest solution for everyone who has a 3DS and hopes to play 3DS games is to buy the official game cartridge. Problem solved. Yeah it certainly drains up your money, but that's what happens if you own a new gen console that hasn't been hacked or hasn't has a rom player device made. Which is among several reasons why I personally always delay buying consoles/electronic gadgets until a few years after it's initial release.

9. Loonylion

it has a 3ds game cartridge built in to it, there is no rom support at all. it has absolutely nothing to do with running 3ds roms other than misleading people into thinking it can or will be able to in future.

10. Loonylion

You also didn't say it cannot play 3DS roms, which given that they are attempting to deceive the public into believing it can/will be able to, needs to be stated as clearly as possible.

11. haoulisk

haoulisk Guest