1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Squall jomin

Squall jomin New Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

I using R4i Dsi LL and that very rare people used it...i tried all the steps but it always stats that error rom loading-4...can u help me?
    Post Merge: [time]1290001038[/time]
    I fix it...thx for all the help!!!!!

2. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

Sure.
    First, what tutorial did you follow? Do you mean you translated the game then immediatly tried it on your cart? If that is the case then try my firmware patches in the 'firmware section'. Either the one for the R4i or the fake carts should work. I have never heard of this 'R4i DSi LL' that you say you have, it does not sound like a real R4 cart to me personally, so I will put my betts on the tutorial for fake carts, but a may be wrong. No offence for calling it 'fake'', it just sounds like a name that a rip off cart would be called.

Hope I helped,
    SDamonCronous

EDIT: which method worked? (for interests of the tutorial)

3. Squall jomin

Squall jomin New Member

Haha...it very less use by people...not fake acually juz a clone of other flashcart....thx for the information above...this was the best page i found useful in the internet...i can play pokemon black juz bcause u created this page and helped me...tq so much...thx!!!!!!

4. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Use proper English please.
    Juz = Just
    thx = Thanks
    u = you
    tq = Thank You

5. SDamonCronous

No problem Squall jomin, just trying to help the wider pokemon community
    Thanks for the kind words about the post, this is my first thread and it is great to see it going well

SDamonCronous

6. SDamonCronous

Hey, guess what. I just installed ubuntu 10.10 on my USB and am using it on my computer. Now that I have a linux OS running I can make a linux-based tutorial (look out ubuntu users, I am talking to you)
    Keep your eyes on this thread

SDamonCronous
    P.S Ubuntu is awsome, in your face Bill Gates!

7. Obelisk429

Obelisk429 Member

My problem is mainly this:
    Every time I get the ROM to run on my cart, it stops working when I try to load a save, or when I start a new game, after name entry and all that.
    I tried some of the methods, but I guess I'm doing something wrong, b/c my DS just gets stuck on "Loading..." for most of them.

I have this cart:
    Images hidden
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Could anybody tell me which method to use for this?

And sorry, but I'm a complete newb when it comes to this stuff, I just got my cart in the mail today XD

8. SDamonCronous

Hey Obelisk429,
    Try using the Wood R4 method in the firmwares section. It works for most r4's and should work for r4 sdhc. If it does not try doing a google search for 'R4 sdhc wood r4' or 'how to play pokemon black and white on r4 sdhc'

Hope I helped
    SDamonCronous

EDIT: Sorry, can you play the game already? The wood r4 stuff is to get the game working, if the game is already working but freezes, then follow my AP (Anti-Piracy) tutorial in the AP section of the first post. Sorry, I might have misunderstood you.

9. Obelisk429

Obelisk429 Member

Sorry if I was unclear. It works, it gets up to the "Load game" or when starting a new game, it fades to black for the "adventure" to start, then it freezes, on a black screen.

I'll do all of the AP stuff you said, thanks.

EDIT: Does the pre-patched version have the language and the AP done? What does it cover?

10. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

WAIO or regular wood r4 does not work with r4 sdhc.

11. SDamonCronous

Hmmm... Never heard of this problem before. The AP fix should work, but be running wood r4 for safety anyway (it is better than the normal firmware anyway). If the problem persists, then check what version of the translation you are using. Make sure it is V6 for it has the least bugs and the most translated version. If the issue is still effecting you try patching a new rom and do not download a pre-patched one (they often have bugs). If you need help translating the game just ask. Finally, if problems continue to arise, discontinue product use and see your doctor :)
    Masamune Date: I know it does not normally work, but there have been exeptuons and I am trying to give all possibilities. I did also say to search for one for r4 sdhc
    Hope I helped
    SDamonCronous

12. ZyToRi0

ZyToRi0 New Member

Hi. I'm having an odd issue with my Pokemon Black ROM. It works fine up until I get into 15, or so, battles and then the glitch occurs. On the 15th battle everything will be working accordingly until the Pokemon are sent out. The Pokemon animations will continue but the "Fight" option won't appear. I tried picking one of the other options but it won't allow me to. I'm basically stranded in the battle with no way out. :'( I downloaded everything properly but I still can't figure out why it does this. Please help.

On another note I have never used the Pokesav before and I need a little help with that to. I just don't know how to transfer the sav'd Pokemon to the ROM. Thanks, and your walk through is the best! ;D

13. Obelisk429

Obelisk429 Member

I tried both of the AP things you posted originally, and it still froze when I tried to start up the "adventure" part (loading or starting a new game and finishing the dialogue).

I tried leaving out the translation patch, to see if I was somehow doing that wrong, but it still froze. Then I tried just AP patching the pre-patched V6 one, and it froze at the same point as well.

I don't know if this means anything, but it lags really badly until Araragi sends out her Pokemon, then it runs fine until it freezes.

14. SDamonCronous

ZyToRi0: What cart are you using? (TTDS, R4, M3 etc.). Have you tried to patch the rom for anti-piracy yet? What firmware are you running? (The proper or a custom eg. wood r4). Try one of my tutorials on firmware fixes depending on your cart (TTDS tutorial for TTDS), or if your cart is not there, then use the one for clones (it seems to fix not just clone carts), and patch it with rudolfs patch for AP.
    Try deleting your savee file and makng another, if you use pokesav incorectly than it can mess up code in your game (although it is very unlikely). It may just be a one off thing.

As for helping you with pokesav, I will answerer that in a later post or a PM (it takes time to explain)

Hope I helped
    SDamonCronous

15. Obelisk429

Obelisk429 Member

I'm trying the clone carts steps, and I got confused. In the middle it seems to switch from YSmenu.nds to TTmenu.nds, is this intentional and should I have both?

I have another question with this step:
    "36. Delete the 'DLDI Patcher' folder (or move it to another place. Drag all the remaining files in the 'YSmenu' folder to the root of your clone cart (overwrite the files)"

Am I supposed to have the original firmware for my cart on it already, or something?

16. shackol101

shackol101 Active Member

Does the patch the translate the whole game into English?

17. 007cena

007cena Member

hi SDamonCronous..
    first of all thnx..with ur help i was able to patch the pokemon black to english!!
    but can u upload the the 'Pokemon B/W firmware' on another site such a megaupload plz..

i cant download from mediafire

18. SDamonCronous

Quote from Obelisk429
    It means you delete the folder called 'DLDI Patcher' and drag the rest of the files into the root of your SD. I am not sure if you need to have the origional frimware still on your R4 or not, I would say so, but if it does not work then delete the origional firmware. Sorry about the swaping in between the two names. I was working on the TTDS tutorial at the same time and I got mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out and I apologize to anyone who had problems with this, it has been fixed now. That should fix any problems you were having, but if not, then just tell me and I wll continue to help as much as I can.

Quote from shackol101:
    The blunt answer is 'no' at the present time (Version 6 Release). But, around 90% of it is tanslated so far on V6.

Quote from 007cena:
    I may be able to, it depends if my bandwith will allow for it (I have really cheap internet). Why can some people not download from mediafire? I can and I have heard complaints for people not being able to and I do not know why? Could you help me (yes, the guy who wrote the tread is asking for help)?

I hope I have answered all your questions
    SDamonCronous

19. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Sup, it's me again :d

I just made it through the 4th gym, pretty easy so far n rather.....sandbox like game even tho the 3d effect works nicely.

Anyway on to the point, I just noticed the update to v6 and decided to delete my old game and patch up a new game since the translation ended round where I was playing so I was getting bored without the useless chattering with other town folks in the game :D

The problem is, that after I got a game patched up to v6, my save file aint showing up anymore when I start the game, and I even copied the games name from the sav-file for it to match the game so that my R4 Wood would recognize it.

Is there some sort of compability problem with a save file from v5 with a v6 patched game? And if there is, is there a way to fix this? I'd rather not start all over again. I'm bad at doing things all over again. :p

20. SDamonCronous

Hey, ravte
    Cool to see you back here, missed your constant complaints ;) I'm joking, always good to hear from you
    There should be not be any compatibility issues, I should know, I have updated. Try doing this:

1. Open 'My Computer'
    2. The click 'Tools' at the top of the window and click 'Folder Options' in the drop down window
    3. Then click the 'View' tab
    4. Under 'Advanced Settings', uncheck the box saying 'Hide extentions for known file types'
    5. Then click 'OK'
    6. Then browse to your rom (.nds file)
    7. Rename it to 'Pokemon Black V6.nds'
    8. Copy the whole filename including the '.nds' part
    9. Browse to your save file and delete it's old name and paste in the one you copied from the '.nds' file
    10. After you have pasted in your name, add .sav on the end. Then click 'enter'
    11. You shoud now have two files called ''Pokemon Black V6.nds' and 'Pokemon Black V6.nds.sav'
    12. Place those on your cart and play them, the save file should load properly

This is how I update the game and keep the save file, only I do not do steps 1 - 5 becuse I already have that unchecked

Hope I have been of assistance
    SDamonCronous