1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The best way to play FF7?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Usernameladiesman218, Apr 9, 2014.

1. So I've played it via Emulator before, but ran into some issues with epsxe (which I use for most games) and had to use err, I forgot its name, but it essentially runs every PS1 game, just you can't add cheats etc and the quality is just like ps1, no upped resolutions.

Anyway, I find myself wanting to play it again and I've found there's a remastered version for PC. I can torrent this, but apparently it also has some minor annoyances to get around to run it properly.

What do you guys recommend?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I dont know about the remastered version, but the original PC version is an absolute pain to get working on a modern computer.

I'd suggest using the PSX version with ePSXe 1.5.2

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Huh ??? I've played the PC Remastered version, and I've never had a problem with it, had no crashes or found no glitches when I played.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I personally find the original version played on psxfin fine. Plus when I need to grind a bit or skip a cutscene I've seen 759845 times I can just hit the fast forward button to double the speed ;)

I wouldn't mind trying the remastered PC version though, I hope it has analogue controls and skippable cutscenes.

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the audio in the remastered version is awful.

6. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

I recommend either the PSX version or the Steam version, if you're interested in mods.

7. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

i played with emulator. due to pc problem result in unexpected hang when saving the game. so my save game was corrupted . unable to retrieve it. had to play 2nd time. i personally recommend to backup save data in case of corrupt if playing with emulators.