1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Strike Vector launching problems

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Churlbreak3, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Churlbreak3

Churlbreak3 Active Member

I recently bought Strike Vector and finally the download finished. But when I ran it for the first time, it gave me an "UnSetup has stopped working" and then closed UnSetup. Shortly after, it gave me a "BUILD WITH UDK has stopped working" error and the game crashed entirely.

I'm really ticked off by this error but I would be really greatful if you could help me. Also, does the game run only for windows 7 and XP or is windows vista also supported.

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in theory if its supported by both XP and 7 it should work on vista, but unfortunately that doesnt always happen in practice. Have you tried compatibility mode?

3. Churlbreak3

Yes. I have tried switching both the UnSetup.exe and the UDK.exe to Windows XP Service Pack 2 but to no avail. I've also tried launching just the UnSetup.exe but it only gives me this window with a list of commands on how to navigate around UnSetup when it launches. Launching the UDK.exe just launches the game and then gives the same errors. I've seen on some other forums that launching the UD3Redist file will fix the problem but it requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 which I do not have.

Do I have to download XP Service Pack 3 just to launch it or is there a work around as compatibility mode doesn't have Service Pack 3 listed on it.

4. Loonylion

no you aren't on XP so downloading the sp won't help. Is your vista fully updated?

5. Churlbreak3

No, it is not fully updated. Could that be a reason it isn't launching properly?

6. Loonylion

There might be an update that adds xp sp3 to the compatibility options. It's a long shot though.

7. Churlbreak3

Alright, I'll try updating and hopefully it helps. Will let you know.
    Post Merge: [time]1397739025[/time]
    I've updated my Vista to the best it can, with some failed updates upon encountering an unknown error but those files that were updated did not help in launching the game or give a SP 3 compatibility option for the UE3Redist.exe.

Would really want to know other options to solving this. Cause I'm definitely considering changing my OS from Vista to 7 in hopes Strike Vector will be able to launch.
    Post Merge: [time]1397740362[/time]
    New Update :D A friend of mine was able to find a fix.

Here it is:
    "I think I may have found a cure for you, and you can leave the game folder under steam apps:

First find the UnSetup.exe file under "\Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage\Binaries\"

Download this file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29365870/UnEulaLite.exe

Make sure you put it in the same folder as UnSetup.exe, then run it as admin by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Once the dialog is open, click on "Accept EULA". Then click "Yes" and close it.

This should indicate to the registry that you have accepted the EULA and it should no longer cause crashing, someone had a similar problem with another UDK game on Steam and I found this solution there, so hopefully this will work for you too. :)

Good luck. ;)"

From the website: http://www.runestorm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=78227

So happy to have fixed this :D

8. Loonylion

glad you found a solution.