1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 - The New Firmware 99.8% Compatibility (CK3)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by CoolKill3r, Apr 18, 2010.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Going to have to replace the pictures since imageshack apperently makes them addvertisements.
    Anyone know a good site, id was thining Tinypic...

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I now use postimage.org, tinypic requires 'human verification check' after every 3 uploaded images.

3. CoolKill3r

The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it.

Great, i cant update the first post topic anymore because it has too much text -_-
    wanted to do cleanup and fix every link.

4. Prectorian

That's weird. I had asked Seph to increase the limit per post few weeks ago. And he had.

5. CoolKill3r

He increased it to 65k, wich gives me about 9k to work with.

6. CoolKill3r

Does anyone have any version of the following firmware:
    Wood v1.25d for M3
    Wood v1.25 for DSTT

These got lost because of dead links and i never got to download them, if someone does have it stored somewhere, it would be appriciated.

Also for some reason i uploaded this end 2014: Wood v1.60 for R4iDS Gold
    Wich is strange because the latest version online is Wood v1.59 for R4iDS gold, anyone know what happend here because i forget XD, i could only think that this version got deleted from the official wood download list as my .NDS file for it also got deleted from filetrip.
    [​IMG]

I will also update WAIO 1.16 to REPACKED v4.0 soon, wich i will just update to have everything from Wood R4 1.62.

7. CoolKill3r

I managed to get wood for M3 again, i still miss wood for DSTT, but i think i will get etiher today or tomorrow.

8. CoolKill3r

Obtained both Wood for DSTT and M3, will upload both later today.

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The woodr4 is just a encrypted _DS_MENU.DAT , decrypted _DS_MENU.nds

Just an NDS file , most of the DATA is within arm9.dat assuming this is where all the AP fixes are installed , but shame arm9.dat "Cannot" be reconverted back to Source code .

arm9.dat to ARM code maybe it can , in cmd - using arm-none-eabi-objdump.exe from devkitARM bin folder .

Code:
    arm-none-eabi-objdump -D -b binary -m arm arm9.bin > _9_ARM.s
    Download - http://uploadmirrors.com/download/0DTMQCQQ/iles_arm9.bin__9_ARM.s_arm-none-eabi-objdump.zip

_9_ARM.s can just be open with a text editor are Notepad++

Joel16 likes this.
  10. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Edit: Well that file does contain the dis assembly. Someone can reverse engineer it :p

Jhon 591 likes this.
  11. Jhon 591

Joel16 likes this.
  12. Jhon 591

I hate it when files are removed over the years, always worth a backup are copy in zip,7zip,winrar , Surely someone must have had a backup copy of the Woodr4 - YWG Source code on a old HD / cd /dvd / usb storage Somewhere ?, get digging xd .

waste of knowledge, I have learned to compile with devkitpro and notepad with other source codes .

13. Prectorian

Don't think I have it, how unfortunate. But no knowledge is a waste, you'll find it handy sooner or later. E.g. when the 3DS emulator scene goes wild. :p

14. Jhon 591

Lol thanks ^ :) , I mean waste of the source code its self as knowledge within that source code fixing AP in games est .

Well maybe someone else may have.., I can see a patten in nocash dsi enhances, share could lead upto 3ds some day :)

15. markflyer

markflyer New Member

Hi to all. I just have a question to you with more experience. I have a M3i SDHC flashcard only without firmware, I need copy a firmware to micro sd card (2 GB) to enable play games in a Nintendo DSi version 1.4.5U. The only firmware I found on the gbatemp.net (below) dont work in DSi version 1.4.5U.
    M3i SDHC[edit]
    Does anyone know what system firmware and I can use that will work in this case? Thank you to all.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  16. Prectorian

Well, if your M3i is empty from purchase and the DSi mention it as so, then you'll need to download from the M3i website. If you can't find it there, nor on Filetrip, then your best bet is to use Google Search since we don't have it here.

If the issue was some games don't run on your M3i, WOOD R4 won't resolve it since it doesn't support your cartridge brand.

If the DSi state the M3i as unrecognized cart or something along that line, then the issue was because it's running v.1.45 firmware. In which case, you'll need to install the M3i firmware using an older handheld or one running an older firmware version. That is if you can find the firmware, as apparently the official site you gave link to didn't have it.

17. CoolKill3r

I always saved everything emulation wise aswell, sadly no source codes :p

[​IMG]

Jhon 591 likes this.
  18. CoolKill3r

First post has been updated:
    - Page revamping (redoing layout and removing unneeded content)
    - Adding full change-log information of all Wood R4 releases to latest release
    - Removed broken links and added new links to different download sites
    - Redoing "What is Wood R4?" information message showing more insight into what it is...

To do...
    - Finding Wood R4 source code to forever archive it. (NEED YOUR HELP)
    - Creating WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v4.0 FINAL) (based on Wood R4 v1.62 content)
    - Creating and uploading: Wood R4iDS Gold (.NDS loader) v1.60

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Dark Infernape likes this.
  19. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

20. CoolKill3r