1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people these days LOVE shooting games!!! (no offense though)

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by sd95, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ztf

ztf Member

And using giant phallic weaponry to blow away enemies is not childish at all.

2. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

it's so funny that i mentioned a while ago that people (im referring to people who prefer FPS over other genres, mind you) are too lazy to think nowadays, and then we got responses like these:

these just proved my point tenfold.

i mean it's acceptable prefer FPS over, lets say RPGs simply because they are more fast-paced, you want to exercise your dexterity, or for the simple fact that you like guns, but the posts/reasons above are just plain idiotic.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Dear sir, play me in a game of Urban Terror and I'll show you just how much of a difference using your brain will make.

There's so much bullshit and prejudice going on in here it actually scares me a bit. FPS games require incredible amount of skill, and not just with aiming but more so in your movement and positioning. FPS games aren't about shooting straight, they're about knowing what your opponent will do and then knowing the best counter move. I've been an FPS gamer for far too many years now, and I certainly don't consider myself a stupid gamer, nor a lesser gamer than RPG gamers.

Also, just because a person prefers a nice FPS game it doesn't mean said person cannot enjoy RPG, RTS or whatever genre games. I'm a huge fan of Gothic II for instance, and I've spent way too many hours on Jagged Alliance.

Seriously people, stop being so closed minded and start looking around you, the world is bigger than just your small world, and chances are 95% of the time your opinion is most likely just plain narrow minded or based on an incorrect assumption.

Sadly, common sense is not so common any more.

4. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

I played nearly all the FPS games...at PC. FPS with Controller and Mouse is very diffrent... But If you can NSK in CoD ,then you are neutral born Console Fps Player. I know I can't all the time...

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What's the requirements of Urban Terror? and sorry about that comment...

I'm currently downloading right now though I won't accept your challenge, I think you'll just destroy me over and over again...I'll just invite some of my friends to play w/ me...

EDIT: If I download it through zip file, do I just extract it and play??? Downloading through torrent right now...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The way I see it, it's a better stress release, just turn the game to easy, and you'll be laughing, an rpg requires thought, one wrong move can stuff you up, causing stress...

It's a stress ball in other words...

To me though, all games are equal (even edu-tainment) and not one type is better than another...

Yes, both requires alot of skill, but with shooter fans (the ones I know) they only care that something is blown up or destroyed, the rpg fans want to read a story, but act in it as well....

Thus, if (if not already done...correctly) an rpg type shooter is made, imagine the buzz-make it online-and we have our saviour from WoW!

Oh, and Seph, sorry if this is out of line, but common sence has died with the comming of the 21st centuary-that's why they are making books for dummies and idiot proofing just abotu everything (soon bmw will mass produce the cars that drives it's self...seen it on top gear uk?)

7. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

.....uhh.......wow.... :p

8. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

man, i enjoy All RPG games same as shooter fans like i love both CoD and FF, in general i'd say i love rpg than shooter, because i have play RPG since my childhood, and i just start shooter in around 10, and not all shooter has weak story, some of em has amazing story.

9. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

You may be right

10. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

Shooting games are the best out....

Well most of them

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

urban terror is a free online game, you do not need to torrent it.

12. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I meant the installer of the game. I was downloading it through a torrent.

13. adfk

adfk Well-Known Member

I don't really think fps are that bad... depends, really. Counterstrike is a good fps- requires a fair bit of strategy so it's simply not going around shooting stuff. But hey, face it, going around and shooting stuff can be sort of fun- you know, asking why people love shooting games is sort of like asking why people love gta. It's pretty much the violence which makes it fun. Of course there's the cars and stuff and cruising around in fast, elegant cars are fun, but the main thrill people get out of GTA is just going on rampages and killing everybody they see.

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I belive that Seth sayed it all.

For me who play FPS games for years I can easily say that FPS games are way harder >>for me<<

FPS requires reflex, quick mind to be able to find the best strategy for a unknown situation or sequence of unknow situations.

RPG need PATIENCE, a lot of PATIENCE, and strategy. You not only need patience to grind you characteres but also for the slow paced battle systen (god i hate that menus). At the same time that you need a long vision to know what will happen to you to not get owned by a strong high-damage-to-all-characteres boss atack. (at hard RPGs of course, since 90% of the RPGs around doesnt require any QI to play).

Personaly I love FPS/Fighting games thx to the skilled part that fits my lack of patience. Since most RPGs around nowadays are 20% reading chats, 30% Exploring dungeons, 10% loading screens, and 40% waiting to your freakin characteres finish their moves for you finaly select their comands again (wich in my opnion is SAD).

Needless to say why games like Kingdon Hearts and Zelda are famous nowadays. Since they Mix a good plot, RPG elements and an active and fast paced battle systen.

IMO, games like Zelda, YS, DevilMay Cry, KH, .Hack , Okami , etc will be always on top of the best and my favorite games. Thx to the perfect mix between the RPG world and a interesting battle action systen.

FPS games are the first "kind" of game that have that kind of action. And like you may notice they still sell a lot :D

For me the select-menus RPGs can go to the hell that they came from. Most of then are a total waste of time. Unless obviusly you are playing in a emulator and you have the "+" near you <3

15. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

well i play on an emulator and never actually increase speed on RPG's that are interesting...for me

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You are only referring to one kind of RPG: turn based RPGs. There are plenty of real time RPGs where the battles are as they are in an FPS. For example, morrowind, oblivion, fallout 3 (yes it's an RPG), fable,

17. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

hey, dont forget soma bringer and custom robo arena

18. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

oh right theres still summon night swordcraft story 1 & 2 for GBA

19. sonyuser333

sonyuser333 Active Member

Well first of all, you can't compare a FPS and RPG game together. They're completely different and a majority of people prefer FPS over RPG.

Now if you're talking about two FPS games and why one is better than the other, then that makes sense.

20. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

if i want to follow a great story, i play a rpg. But mostly i've got this feeling: I WANNA KILL AL THESE NUBS. Then i play a shooting game. shooting games are easier then rpgs ( in my opinion).