1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[ePSXe] Parasite eve 2 errors?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Apr 8, 2012.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

When I examine areas, pick up items, go to the menu screen, or moving to another area, any CG in the screen vanishes until the message or window closes. Sometime when I leave the area and the screen fades to black, the HUD flickers along with the CGs in the screen. Also, the "reflections" and the shadow of my character looks like a rectangular acid trip appearing from behind and below.

I tried using different GPU plugins like PEOpS OpenGL Driver 1.78, D3D Driver 1.77. DX6 D3D Driver 1.77, and Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 but they all gave me the vanishing model problem.

Is this a GPU problem or is it something else?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its either a settings error or an emulation problem. Use the correct GPU plugin for your graphics chip (openGL for nvidia, d3d for ATI, PEOPs soft for anything else) and check the special fixes section.

3. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Where can I find the special fixes?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

in the GPU plugin config, at the bottom.

5. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

which special fix(es) do I check? None of those fixes sound similar to the error I have in my game.
    Post Merge: [time]1333955101[/time]
    Well... At least I can see cloaked enemies thanks to the acid trip thingy.

6. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

is it a good idea to activate ALL of the special fixes?

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

No.
    It will sometimes overload your game and make it lag lots and unpredictable.

It is best to activate the special fixes that you need. Not all of them.

8. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

How do I know which special fixes to use? None of those fixes sound similar to the error I have in my game.

9. jackinfernohippie84

jackinfernohippie84 New Member

Hey guys, i'm new here. i'm brazilian,i tried to play this game some time ago on epsxe and had the same problem, well, if anyone is still interessed to fix this problem i have a tip, download the emulator pcsx at the brazilian site named roxdownloads, in the emulator, go at the cpu setting and mark the option "Parasite Eve 2,Vandal Hearts 1/2 Fix" that's it, hope i've helped ;) PS:Sorry for the bad english.