1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do i use ocarina cheat codes with configurable usb loader?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, May 17, 2014.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I am having a slight problem with this app, i cannot seem to be able to use cheats in any way, mostly because the app is not loading the files from txtcodes folder nor is it attempting to load the .gct files from the legolas/codes/ folder and i cannot download anything thanks to accio hacks being broken and the author not being interested on fixing it.

2. jutzliru56

jutzliru56 New Member

Summary first
    -put the properly named cheat txt file on SD:/usb-loader/codes (some say put it in SD:/codes but that didn't work for me)
    -Open configurable loader
    -Open your game and turn ON Ocarina under Options
    -Open your game and click Manage, then Manage Cheats
    -Click which cheats you want enabled
    -Click <save .gct>
    -The game will now load with your cheats

On the root of your SD card you should have the usb-loader folder. In that folder should be a 'codes' folder. Put the txt file in there. It will read something like SD:/usb-loader/codes/XXXXX.txt when you are finished. Make sure the name of the txt file corresponds to your game's Gecko cheat name. For example, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn cheat file is titled RFEE01.txt. Open up configurable usb loader through Homebrew, click on your game, click on Options, turn Ocarina ON, click save. Now go back to the game again and click Manage, Manage Cheats, and you should see the list of cheats you uploaded. Now select the cheats you want enabled and click <Save .gct> to create the cheat file. Now your game will load the cheats.

Side note- if txt file has more than 256 cheats it will not be recognized (it happened to me)