1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 - How to add cheats and use them.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hufacuse, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hufacuse

hufacuse Well-Known Member

I guess the title says it all... where do I put the file, which it download (usrcheat.dat or cheat.dat) etc..

Any help would be great thanks!

2. duckie112

duckie112 Member

In the _rpg file is a file named cheat and like every other r4 its probably usrcheat.dat if you got a old usrcheat.dat from you're previous firmware then try to add that to the cheat folder

3. shadowjr456

shadowjr456 New Member

i did all that
    but wen i start up the game and go to put on the cheats it says " Warning .cc exists, Generate new one?" i say yes... but the cheat doesn't work

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You need the usrcheat.dat in the cheats folder. Push Y on the desired highlighted ROM, and then X. Also make sure that the Cheat In Game(AR) option is on within the Patches tab of the Settings (via Start).

5. piface

piface Member

should a menu pop up asking which cheats you want enabled?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You access it through Y then X.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

When you turn on the DS, press Y for settings, X for cheats. Activate the ones you want, generate a .cc, then at the settings menu, press Y again. You should see some changeable settings. Press R and you should see something like "Cheats in Game". Change it so it says ON or Global[on]. It does not really matter which one you choose.

8. 921001

921001 Member

Thanks. Now my cheats work. Gonna replay The Day Ends With You all over again! =D

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You mean The World Ends With You?

10. piface

piface Member

no the day ends with you is the last chapter of the game

11. LucasGenesis

LucasGenesis New Member

Can i ask some thing?
    I put the usrcheat.dat file in the cheats folder,but when i turn on my ds and go to cheats it doesnt let me access it.
    Theres just an icon that says cheats that i cant access.
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME =(

12. applebob1

applebob1 New Member

would somebody really help with my r4
    1.i have added usrcheat.dat files
    2.i have got the right ids and the right cheats for the games and added them 1 by 1
    3.i have updated my r4 firmware to 1.18
    4 i have downloaded the right versions(and could somebody give me a good rom site please)
    could somebody please help why my cheats wont work??

13. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

You should switch from 1.18 to Wood R4. 1.18 has problems with large cheat files.

14. cero122

cero122 New Member

help guys i have put an usrcheat in the cheat folder but when i go to the settings and i press start the menu freezes

15. boxihead

boxihead Well-Known Member

Find a program called the cheat code editor it lets you manually add cheats at will with action replay codes. This also works for hacks like a weapon mod, which is my favourite cheat.

16. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

17. emrecool

emrecool New Member

I've done all the required things but when I press x when I press y on a game nothing happens I really need help!!

18. Amon12

Amon12 Active Member

I got a problem, i put the usrcheat.dat on the "cheat" folder at __rpg, but when i press Y, there isn't the X option even when i turn on cheats. It shows off,on and global (off) should there be a global (on)?

19. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Go to this topic: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701

scroll down tell you see a spoiler 'How To Set-Up Wood R4' and read it!

20. Filip_01

Filip_01 New Member

I need some help:
    I made a usrcheat.dat with Transformers cheats on it but it doesn´t show me the cheats for the game on the nintendo...
    Can sb. please help me???