1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fail to access memory card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GooyGamer, Feb 15, 2015.

1. GooyGamer

GooyGamer New Member

on digimon world 3 I save at a save station, but when I load up the save it says 'fail to access'. I'm running ePSXe version 1.9.25. I don't know why it keeps saying this and I don't know how to fix it. any help?

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

try 1.8.0(its the version i played it on) to see if it works. if not you will have to start over. also it has a long save time, did it finish before you turned off. turning off before finishing will corrupt the save.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IIRC memcards need to be explicitly configured in ePSXe before they will work

4. Blazemax

no he saved the game, if he didnt set up memcard it would say memory card not found when he tried to save.

5. drollis

drollis New Member

got the same problem here tried almost everything still doesn't work

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Are you guys using epsxe's "Use individual memory cards per game" option? If yes, try playing and saving without it.

7. drollis

drollis New Member

i actually did for a while but i deactivated it when the "failed to access" thing happened .But it can't access even the regular memory cards

8. Blazemax

Ok, i played this game, and never had any issues with saving with epsxe 1.8.0 which doesnt have the individual option. Also you might have to be careful with which iso dump of DW3 you use, some do saving issues i found a couple months after this guys last post, the dump i got was from a different site.

Ok here are a few things to remember. DW3 save system takes a long while to save(if you turn off too soon you can corrupt the data).
    Sometimes if you are not sure if it will save right, after you save manually, save a quick save state so you can use that in case of save errors.
    Some games are very um MEAN and saves can be corrupted randomly in actual memory cards(affecting other games) and does this on the virtual ones too. i dont know this problem and most times i just deleted games i already beaten or havent played yet when it does.