1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilclownbobo

evilclownbobo Active Member

Alright, it *SHOULD* work for you 100% if you do what I did and posted here.
    Also, I'm not sure about what Flash Cart you should get. I don't have one.

No problem, though! :)

2. wellthen

wellthen Member

First, to Andyman12, i have had a few flashcarts and in my experience R4/i is the best, although recently some games e.g this and mario and luigi 3 have had certain compatibility issues. however the user interface and playback i find is best on r4. But please keep me posted on the results of your tests =)

and secondly to yoshi12370, i might be mistaken but i believe that the aide appears in the pokemart on this game not the pokemon center, hope that helps.

^^^Oh i was beat to it i guess.

3. For anyone who's lost progress as a result of random freezes, you might be interested to know that Pokésav for HGSS is out. I tested it earlier today and it works like a charm. Requires Japanese competency since an English translated version hasn't been published yet.

http://game.umimi.com/tool/pokesavhgss.html

I'm playing on a separate Japanese rom and have made it through the sixth gym, but I've left my original rom and save file alone from the other day (the one where I get stuck no matter what I do after I go through three freeze triggers) and I'm still hoping somebody will have an answer regarding that.

For the new rom, all I did was apply the leaf patch. It freezes roughly every 30 to 45 minutes, but (quite frankly) I can live with that. Major improvement over freezing every 5 minutes. I still want a freeze-free version, sure, but once per 45 minutes isn't that bad.

4. Rai Tora

Rai Tora New Member

My Game Freezes Everytime I Save Ive Used Like 4 Diferent Patches And Non Work :/ Helppp I Need Thiiss GAmme :'(

5. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Mine keeps freezing when I finish the Kabuto puzzle in the Ruins of Alph

6. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

from which Page and from who did you get yours from?

I too have a acekard2i so which one are you using?
    Also I'm currently playing on HG version would be nice to know who you got yours from I am using smackdowns first LInk he posted?

7. evilclownbobo

It's on Page 18, Rebell45... In my post.

8. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

My Heart Gold keeps crashing on my R4. Is there any way of fixing this as of late?

9. stupapro34

stupapro34 Member

Sup man, when I first started trying to get HG&SS working after using the AR codes like every 15 minutes the rom would crash. I just tried this method using no$gba 2.6a with no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 and I'm like 2 1/2 hours in, a little after the first gym and the rom hasn't crashed on me once. Maybe like 2 times the graphics for my guy bugged out but entering/leaving a building fixed it. Thank you very much for this patch pack and instructions, seems to work perfectly. Any of you no$gba users should try this out.

(small note I didn't use the english patch that came with his zip file i used the latest english patch 3a)

10. wellthen

wellthen Member

^^^The latest patch is 3b, not much has changed it is just a few error fixes.

11. evilclownbobo

Alright, well, wellthen where do I get it at? Preferably, instead of a direct download link, can I get the link to the website where this English Patch is being updated/posted?
    Just PM me with it or post it on here, whichever you'd like, please.

12. evilclownbobo

BSNAllstar, just use the Download Link in my post. Everything you need for Patching is there. The only things that aren't there are the Untouched Roms and No$GBA/No$Zoomer.

13. BSNAllstar

Is the rudolph patch compatible with flash carts?

14. druidprince

druidprince New Member

this may sound like a stupid question, but to patch them do you need some sort of programme installed to your computer or something? I've never patched before.

15. evilclownbobo

I'm not sure. I kinda wanted people to test it on a Flash Cart, because I don't have one and honestly am not sure how well my method would work, if at all, for a Flash Cart HG/SS.

No. It comes with all the Patchers and Patches. There is no need to install anything. They are just self-running executables.

16. BSNAllstar

ok well I've downloaded it anyways, I'm gonna test it out soon. I've patched it already.

17. stupapro34

stupapro34 Member

This is where it's being updated as far as I know http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194342

18. evilclownbobo

Thanks a bunch, stupapro! :D

19. BSNAllstar

I just realized I never saved Cyndaquil's ember because it crashed before I could =\

So far, its behaving normally on the trial

20. druidprince

druidprince New Member

Ok sorry, Im crap at this, I;ve dragged the HG rom to the first patch, and I got a .BAK file, but when i got to apply the english patch, i cant select the .BAK file, how do i do this? sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.