1. This forum is in read-only mode.

I can't save on ePSXe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yajegamer, Apr 27, 2015.

1. yajegamer

yajegamer New Member

Sorry to ask this but I'm playing Digimon World on ePSXe emulator and when I tried to save game it successfully saved game. I continue playing but when I closed ePSXe and I opened it again and I tried to continue game I've noticed that my save game was gone. I did save again but the same thing happens. I just want to feel like playing again in ps and saving in memory cards.

[​IMG]

My memory card location is right. :(

C:\Users\Thiago Monte\Saved Games\ePSXe 1.8.0 emulador\memcards\epsxe000.mcr
    C:\Users\Thiago Monte\Saved Games\ePSXe 1.8.0 emulador\memcards\epsxe001.mcr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try saving in a path without spaces or periods in it.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

well wish you didnt play that game. it is fun and all, but full of glitches including the DEATH SAVE glitch(which happens later on in the game). For now, use save states to not lose your progress, but to make sure your memory card save function is working right, try a different game, if it still has the same save issue ill try to see what fixes i can find for you.

i am not kidding, i played it on a real hardware and after a certain scene it froze, i resetted and my save was deleted. Also had same issue on FF8, but couldnt reproduce that one ever.

i have spaces and symbols, but mine saves fine on epsxe 1.8.0

4. Loonylion

a period is a special character in windows, that could be messing it up.

5. yajegamer

yajegamer New Member

What means "a period"?

6. Loonylion

a dot character:

Code:

7. Blazemax

YES I know what a period is....and what it can do. my folder is labeled "epsxe 1.8.0". Course im on XP and win7 might function differently so maybe it might be a problem.

a decimal, a dot, the thing at the end of a sentence....<- those things. usually it only causes troubles for files not folder locations, but really depends on the software. some do some dont. confusing huh.

Simply do this: change your folder to "epsxe180" to be safe. If the problem still occurs, download a different game and see if the same problem occurs. If it still does, make sure you are running as administrator(yes this also can cause save errors).

8. yajegamer

yajegamer New Member

Re: I can\'t save on ePSXe

It did not work. :(

I'm running as administrator. The same problem occurs with different games.

9. Loonylion

something isn't right with the epsxe memcard config then. Do the files actually exist?

10. yajegamer

yajegamer New Member

Yes.

11. Blazemax

Ok i searched the net the best i could and only found two solutions(common problem apparently). First If you are using save states, it can cause game deletions. Second if you are not using save states, then enter spoilers for the details.

might be a problem with your configuration. run regedit in your start menu. click edit and find and type in "epsxe". you should find this
    [​IMG]
    and look to see if Memcard 1 and 2 are enable with the "1"(the redmarked ones)
    if they are "0", right click on them and change it to "1" this should fix it

if both solutions do NOT fix your problem, you might have to use save states for now on.

12. azianjohn

azianjohn New Member

Hi, I'm posting in this thread too. I'm in the same situation as the posting member using epsxe 1.7. My game works fine and I want to mem card save, and it works in game but does not stay for when I want to load from there. My file path is good too; same as user above. To top it off, my save file state doesn't work either and the latest epsxe emulator won't even load iso's for me. So I'm at my wits end; please help!