1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with desmume

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

How can I make desmume boot to the Ds menu? The one wher eI have to tap a game for it to launch, and where I can configurate the whole date, color, etc. settings? I want to make use of an emulator only exploit for FE12, but I cant do it on desmume and doing it with no$ is a pain because it refuses to read correctly my converted .dsv to .sav not to mention the game suffers from random crashes on no$

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

you can easily configure the "name,dob,date,fav color" under "Firmware setting" under CONFIG menu, so you dont need to boot into ds menu.

any way , you can boot into ds menu by going into : CONFIG>Emulation Setting and then selecting the option"Boot from firmware(like the NDS)"
    but for this you'll need ARM9,ARM7 bios and firmware images (you can get these from enable wifi in desmume thread).

heres a picture of this :
    [​IMG]

btw what is FE12, if it was FF12, then it just seen to happen that i have this FF12-Revenant wings rom so i tried it here it is :
    [​IMG]

3. Duncan Idaho

Thanks! Desmume didnt had a apth for the firmwares. And no, its Fire Emblem 12: Heroes of Light and shadow. Basically there is the hows everyone function, I can exploit by switching back and forth the date of the system before launching, so I can get items for free and see if I can get a particular rare sword.

Or not, seems desmume uses my PC clock to monitor the time/date. Btw how do I mod the speed? Fire Emblem 12 is like kinda in overdrive.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You can see to that under HOTKEY MAP; increase FPS [ + ], decrease FPS [-] (keyboard button).
    You could also use the FRAME SKIP option under CONFIG.

5. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

desmume doesnt have a path for firmware ???
    and yes it uses system time.

to increse speed i use "Fast forward" hotkey.
    you can find this by going to CONFIG>HOTKEY CONFIG and allocating a key for "Fast Forward".

6. Duncan Idaho

Doesn't works. I have frame skip set to 0, I hit the - button to decrease the FPS and it does not works, the FPS do decrease, the speed not.

Which makes the exploit impossible on desmume, sigh. I wish there was an option to disable that.

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

to increse speed i use "Fast forward" hotkey.
    you can find this by going to CONFIG>HOTKEY CONFIG and allocating a key for "Fast Forward".

and about time i dont know much about it .

8. Duncan Idaho

I have it marked to TAB, but I need the speed to drop, the game is going like the RWBY song Caffeine, very fast so it makes it difficult to make any menu selections. Particulary annoying as this is a Fire Emblem game and menu selection can be critical.

9. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

doesnt speed returns to normal when you let go of the Fast forward button ?

if not then you could decrease the frame rate by pressing '-' .

10. Duncan Idaho

By default the menus are sped up like crazy, the battles must be sped up with the tab key. As I said hitting - does not helps to decrease this problem.

11. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i just tried out this game in desmume 0.9.9 and found no problem with fast forwarding ,
    in battle it was normal, i could increase the speed using tab and the speed would return to normal when i release tab.
    no problem at all.

i think the speed problem could be releated to increasing the FPS.