1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dolphin Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

Every time I run Dolphin to play Gamecube games and switch to full screen my mouse turns into a double headed arrow that looks like this: <---> Could somebody please tell me if there's a fix for it and what that fix would be?

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Wow that is a problem i never heard of. Since its dolphin and you dont need the mouse, you can always move it to a corner if it annoys you. For solutions, you might visit dolphins forum and ask there. Wow that is just wow.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the fix would be move the mouse away from the edge of the window.

4. Blazemax

the person said in "fullscreen", there should be no window.

5. Loonylion

depends how fullscreen is achieved, some methods still have a window.

6. Blazemax

no maximize screen maybe, but fullscreen sets up to take up the entire screen without a window. trust me, i play alot of games, if you get a window during fullscreen. you have a major bug.

also if you dont believe me, most internet browsers have full screen function you can use. If im wrong, you can take a printscreen shot for proof.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I guess you haven't encountered"Borderless Windowed mode" yet haven't you :p

In case you haven't yet some PC games have that option and by setting the window's resolution to equal that of your monitor's full screen resolution you essentially have what loony mentions as...

8. Loonylion

I've been in IT for 20 years, I know what I'm talking about. True fullscreen does not have a window, but there are many ways of making a viewport fill the screen, and some of them are indeed still windowed even though it might be called fullscreen or the window may not be visible. Having a window during full screen isn't a bug at all, the application just doesn't use true fullscreen.

9. Blazemax

*edit scratch that

you do know that is NOT "fullscreen" mode then right. This is exactly why there are issues and problems, especially cause of vagueness. This is another reason solvinig simple problems are difficult, they make things too complicated.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

*Pulls out popcorn and enjoys the fun.

11. Blazemax

Sigh i swear i dont know why bother helping people when they have trouble. AND FYI ive been playing with a computer since 1986. Sorry if im not an IT, tech support, or knowledgable of every stupid new thing that comes out recently, but i can help another person if they have troubles. Without exact details or pictures, all i can do is give best guess at how to fix the problem, WHICH ironicly was the same answer the other person gave.