1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mini-Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Rants' started by trimbletown, Aug 18, 2010.

1. M_U_Lations

M_U_Lations Active Member

Speaking of WW II-themed games, I always had a blast with Wolfenstein, and I used to have one for the original Playstation that was a real hoot. "SIR, your PAPAHZZ PLEEEZE!" haha

One thing about those two games, I was able to fully enjoy them with my buddies in a good-spirited competitive manner, without hanging in some sleazy 'chat area' filled with hateful punkasses and latent pedophiles, barking racist and homophobic remarks into sweaty headphones.....go figure, eh? ;)

Damn....now I need salted cod, sigh....well, better be off to Little Mexico for some tasty bacalao!

2. hunterfail

hunterfail Member

Unrelated but I really fecking hate people who exaggerate things or make shit up so that people will feel sorry for them or occasionally extra proud of them. For example, this girl in my english class I used to sit next to got an 'A' in her assessment. I used to be friends with her, turned out she was hideously rude and couldn't think any deeper than a bird bath. However, back to the story. So she goes round to people being quite proud as usual people would do, and thats fine and all, if slightly annoying. However, at the back of my mind, I'm thinking "Good job, you hit your target grade early :) " and being genuinely happy for her (if you hadn't figured it out, her target grade is an A). So then she shouts out the words, "I got an A and my target's a C!". And then she goes around doing all this fake happiness 'look how well I've done please be proud of me yes I really am that insecure' bullshit which just looks like Nicholas Cage trying to act in that he can't. And this is just so fucking annoying because you can't think of anything she says as holding any worth and all she does is say little things to try and sound under-aprreciated and it's just bullshit.

Wow, sorry about that.

3. M_U_Lations

M_U_Lations Active Member

^ Yikes, hmmmm....

Maybe, just maybe, you are hyper-sensitive to this girl's behaviours because on a subconscious level you want her, in the worst way. Just a theory! ;)

But sure, I know what you mean. The world is stuffed with bloated egos and poor attitudes. My father's generation, the WW II generation, has the expression "That guy acts like his shit doesn't stink."

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Got mugged and lost my mobile phone... terrific~! :p

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I wish one could physically die from being trolled and/or flamed on because how I'm feeling right now death by forum trolling sounds a bit blissful :(

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I just want to drop dead right here and now :(

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

You are becoming suicidal day by day :LOL: :D

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Before you do that, send me all your savings. It'll be a waste if I don't get to help spend it. :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I apologize guys IF I sounded like I was about to go over the deep end a few days ago.

I just couldn't bear breaking up with my long time Girlfriend who broke the news to me last Saturday. I was merely brooding the loss these past few days.

And no, I'm not suicidal... I've overcome that phase in my life some ten years ago. But even without the aforementioned break up, I have always been patiently waiting for my moment of repose.. call it Emo or Goth but I can't hardly wait for the day I leave this existence and journey onto the next.

Again folks, I'm sorry if I alarmed you a bit. But as you can see, I'm still alive and posting :)

10. Prectorian

Today's the eve of the dead ... Happy Halloween !!! Not that I get to celebrate such event. It's not even on the calendar here, which totally sucks. The supermarkets not even selling anything related to the festivity.

Don't be too depressed about it Cahos, you'll soon get over it and find a new if not better chick. I'm especially more alarmed you're refraining from sending me your peso. :p

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  11. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

i wanted to do the movember thingie but some girl called me a neckbeard and i pretty much got memed into shaving
    girls sux

12. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Earth is getting overcrowded day by day!

Since the dawn of time we decided to increase our population by doubling production, manpower, and the ecosystem has to suffer for it, how is that possible you say? Well it is simply an overt fact of cause and effect of what happens with the surroundings like friction among flies.....disgusting yeah. But it leaves me with one question if humans do over populate the world, what will happen to all the water hmmmmmmm?

I bet if for some weird reason the water (this is a very valuable resource to pinpoint here) happens to magically go away without the sea creatures knowing then something has to be controlled. But not a single nation can control its population let alone their own people. People tend to do extraordinary or violent things that change the coarse of history eventually shape shifting the space and time continuum in another direction.

I still have my hopes (and a few doubts) about whether our little planet can handle itself.

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Truth is, we can't.
    We're not sustainable, and most of the populated world isn't even making an effort to become so. Soon enough, we'll run out of resources, run our oceans dry and create a world where there's really nothing else. As a global population, we have the chance to become sustainable right now. But that window of opportunity is closing at a rapid pace.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

soon on a cosmic scale perhaps, not by human standards.

15. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

This is just like in the movie Interstellar. Were the earth can no longer sustain human beings and we are forced to either die here or explore new boundaries like space (which wont happen in about 20 years or so untill mars one is ready).

16. Prectorian

Who'd have guessed migrating from copper telephone cables to fiber optic would take nearly a month just to get it installed from the pole mere 2m from my home! They'd said takes less than 4 days from the day I made the request! It had took them a month to setup the network in the neighborhood. All in all, that makes it a whole 2 months wait. Well, they've finally got the internet and cable tv going, but not the phone itself! I can't use the fucking phone! It's offline, what's the point of having a non-functioning phone? Told me to wait until who knows when till it's online. Said if I had accepted to change to a new phone number like the 30% of the neighbors who had opted to upgrade to fiber (the other 70% refuses to upgrade), I wouldn't have to wait an eternity to retain the old number! They don't get it when I told them having to inform a ton of acquintances around the world, and having to inform the changes to the banks, mobilephone company, social security, community center, tax report, imigration, etc. is freaking troublesome. They even got the nerves to suggest using 2 phone numbers, like hell why do I even need 2? It's not like I can speak on 2 lines at the same time. Got 2 ears but not 2 mouth! On the plus side, I now get to go on a huge file download rampage, no video buffering, and no longer tortured having to watch lousy local channels!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yeah took me 4 days to port my mobile phone number to a new provider, or so I thought. Turned out they just hadn't informed me it was complete and my phone wasn't picking up that the number had changed. All sorted now though.

18. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

@Prectorian is there any improvements in internet speed after upgraging to optical fiber?

19. Prectorian

In my case it's with the same provider, different service package. *Phone still unfixed.* :confused:

Significantly improved.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  20. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Work. Fucking work.
    Who the hell orders 50 Wicked Wings with 3 minutes 'till close?