1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon brown rom hack 2014

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theromguy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. theromguy

theromguy Active Member

i was wondering if anyone can download the pokemon brown rom patch, and patch it onto a pokemon red file then share it on a filesharing website so i can download it. My computer does not allow me to patch it for some reason and the patching file pops up with an error, (pokemon brown is a rom hack of pokemn red that has been updated every few years). Since i cant gve a link just search for the pokemon brown rom hack.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you read the text file, it says "If the program returns an error, you downloaded an incorrect ROM. Some sites have similar Pokemon Red ROMs with minor differences. Please refer to the first paragraph of this section and try again.". So, check again.

Not sure what you did wrong. But there's no problem patching it.

1. Make sure you download 'POKEMON RED' Game Boy version (pokemon red.gb); not the GBC or GBA version! (Google for it, easy to find)
    2. Depending on what OS you are using, e.g. assuming you're on Windows, use the XDELTAUI application to do the patching
    3. Make sure to choose the '.xdelta' file as Source, and the 'red.gb' as file, and then name the output file e.g. 'pokemon brown.gb'.
    4. Press Patch. Done.

In some cases, you might need to right click on your XDELTAUI application icon, and choose to run the program in admin mode. And make absolute sure the pokemon red rom is Gameboy version (1st generation Gameboy), not the color or advance versions, and certainly not any hacked/fan-made version.

3. theromguy

theromguy Active Member

no its not that, i get an error message when i try to open the patcher, i have netframework 2 on my computer and i still get an error. It jus does not work. Thats why i just want someone to patch it themselves and then upload it to a filesharing site plzzz.

4. Prectorian

I see, ok then I'll help you on this. Here : http://jheberg.net/captcha/pbv54/

5. theromguy

theromguy Active Member

hey thanks but the link does not work on my browser properly, i was wondering if u could upload it to zippyshare because i know i can load it from there thanks. I was only ale to load it once and after clicking on a few of the downlod links it says that i need to pay and have a plan with the site. I think zippyshare would be much easier to get the file from.

6. Prectorian

Here's another mirror share link (got zippy among it - though I personally like firedrive) : http://www.multiup.org/download/fac866f762bc2ff36f014b83739b5ba6/PB_v.5.4.zip
    *Make sure you press the correct 'DOWNLOAD' button. Since free share sites have multiple 'download' buttons that actually send you to advertisements. Usually it's smaller and bears different coloring, though that's not always the case. If you've been through it once, you'd know the difference right away.

7. theromguy

theromguy Active Member

i clicked the proper download button but it says that the pokemon brown file is only around 40kb instead of its usual size of around 500kb. I don't think the upload worked.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The upload worked fine.
    Use this link: http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/12341202/file.html

Just click "Download Now" on the right of the screen.

9. theromguy

theromguy Active Member

ty i got it now :)