1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do i get my edge card to work?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Craig131, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig131

Craig131 Member

I have just bought a edge card for my ds lite and as instructed i downloaded the EDGE OS from the official we site. It informs you to extract the files and copy the EDGE.DAT on to your MicroSD card - which i have done, i then put my sd card into the edge and into my ndsl. When i turn the console on it comes up EDGE.DAT tidak menemukan! which i translated to say EDGE.DAT cannot be found. Why is this and how do i get it to work?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

are you sure edge.dat is not in a folder?

3. Craig131

Craig131 Member

there is a cheats video cd movie in the edge folder and also a edge video cd movie and a readme text document

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you copy edge.dat to the micro SD. No folders. edge.dat must not be inside a folder on the card.

5. Craig131

Craig131 Member

when i extracted th EDGE OS there was nothing called the EDGE.DAT to transfer to my microsd card

6. Craig131

Craig131 Member

can anyone help me? does any body have an edge.dat file i can transfer to my micro sd card in order to get it working.

7. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

You should just update the firmware. Or else just re-put the latest one on your MicroSD card. Should work...

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Redownload the firmware from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

9. Craig131

Craig131 Member

ive put the EDGE.DAT onto my micosd card but it is still saying that it cannot be found do i need to download anything else for it to work i.e. a menu or sumthin

10. anandjones

Have you redownloaded it from the site above? If so, extract the archive, and tell us the names of the files there. Also, there could be a chance they forgot to include vital firmware files in that release, so you could try using an older version.

11. Craig131

Craig131 Member

there is a video cd movie called EDGE, there is a a text document called readme and there is a file called edge with a video cd in it called cheats

12. anandjones

Okay, then download an earlier firmware version, and tell me the contents in that archive.

13. Craig131

Craig131 Member

i have j downloaded the 1.34 version and the files are called exactly the same just a different size

14. anandjones

Okay, I just downloaded 1.37, and 1.35, and they both have the EDGE.dat files in there, so I don't know what you're talking about.

15. Craig131

Craig131 Member

so why is it that when i put the edge file on to the microsd card it comes up in indianision that there is no edge.dat file. is there anything ele at all that needs to go on the sd ard first.
    Can you talk me through the process please. i am really sorry but i havnt got a clue what i am doing

16. anandjones

So you don't have the files, here, I'll upload the firmware I found on my webhost, make sure it finishes to 100%. Here http://www.anandjones.exofire.net/EDGE_OS_v1.37.zip

17. Craig131

Craig131 Member

Thanx everyone, the problem i had was with my computer not the file for some reason when i extracted the files edge.dat appeared as a different type of file. However i did it on my work laptop and it was fine thanx anyway!

18. anandjones

That could be due to your folder settings, so that certain special files are hidden or the extension is hidden.

19. drmike09

drmike09 New Member

OK people here it is, finally for all of you with the EDGE.DAT.TEDAK.MENUMUKAN I spent 3 hours trying to go through forums to figure this out and NO!!! (someone replied, its on the box moron) it is not so for all you mums and dads out there who are not computer boffs.
    1/you are not insane and together we will fet this to work!!!
    2/Try to do this on a PC if you can I found it easier, it will work on the MAC too once you know the principle.
    3/Send me £10 to [email protected] and I will tell you....only kidding but you can call to say thanks.
    ok
    a/ plug in your SD card to the reader and go to edge-ds.cn and download the OS update only, dont worry about the moonshll like in R4. Download it to your card reader E or F: drive whatever your computer calls it. Make sure you have the EDGE folder with the contents in it, I think the DAT file is about 1004MB or so.
    b/ OK heres the problem, that DAT file 'within' the EDGE yellow folder must be out on its own, IT CANNOT BE IN A FILE.
    c/ I had trouble with my Mac trying to move the DAT file out on its own but thats just me not being too Savvy, if you have a Mac, go to your download file on finder and try to figure out how to get that darn .DAT file right at the top of the root (whats the root? ok as far as I can tell the root is the lowest common denominator that the card can go, ie when you open your E or F card reader with your card in it you should see the EDGE folder and the .DAT file sitting there first not just the EDGE folder)
    d/ On windows right click your start button and click explore. Look for your card reader (may say F: external drive or card drive) open the EDGE folder and find tha bloody .DAT file, right click it and CUT it. Now, go back one level using the little 'back one arrow' at the top of the box. If confused just go back to the F: drive again (or whatever your card reader is on) and open it to where you see the EDGE yellow folder ONLY and .....drum roll.......da daaaaa........right click and paste the little bugger file called DAT into the ROOT!!!!!!!!!
    e/ send me money or thanks because now you will insert the card into the DS and it will not give you a chinese expletive but BOOTING......and then download your games........
    Thank you Thank you Thank you......going down the pub now to celebrate!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.