1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i - 3DS - error has occured

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jgauthier, Jun 29, 2014.

1. jgauthier

jgauthier New Member

So, my kids have a couple 3DSs. They are sporadic with their playing now that they are getting a little older, but it seems that neither flashcart works. I purchased the cards quite some time ago, and the site they are associated with seems to be down. r4i-sdhc.hk.

The carts boot, but when I select the "game" (The emulated game in my cart is the spiderwick chronicles) the 3DS basically says, "An error has occured, turn the power off" blah.
    It appears this 3DS is running 7.2.0-17U.

Is there anything I can do, or is this simply an issue with the 3DS firmware dating the flashcart?

Thanks!

2. simona12

simona12 Active Member

buy a better flash cart instead of clones like the supercard dstwo

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I suspect the 3ds firmwares have been updated and the cart is blocked.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Same cart, same issue with the other guy (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=63173.0), just different NDS console. It's blocked, your kids might have updated the console to v.7.2.0 somehow. Cart's official site as you know is dead, so is it's updates. So no, don't think any update will be available for it to run on v.7.2.0, even if there is, you'll need an older NDS to upgrade the carts. Better choice? Buy new one from a maker whose website isn't dead, that has ongoing updates for it to work on v.7.2.0 or newer. Even after that, you'd need an older NDS console to do the initial kernel installation or get the seller to do it for you.

5. jgauthier

jgauthier New Member

I went ahead and bought another R4i-SDHC.. an official one. For $18 USD, you can't go wrong. The dstwo looks really neat. If I were an NDS gamer myself, I'd get one. But my kids won't use that kind of functionality. So, the replacement flashcart should be here in a couple days. Thanks everyone!

6. Alice2013

Alice2013 Member

The card you mentioned about is a clone one. As far as I know, there is not any original r4i 3ds card came from the website you said. If you met the problem of ""An error has occured, turn the power off", it means the card version is lower than your console, you need to update the card to compatible with it. And please contact your seller if the card can update to compatible with the latest 3ds v7.2.0-17 or not.

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Problem resolved by OP as he'd decided to buy new ones.