1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with Pokemon DeSmume Mac "Data save could not be accessed"

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by doubleh, Jul 1, 2014.

1. doubleh

doubleh Member

Hello,
    I've been playing Pokemon White 2 on DeSmume on Mac for a week, but today when I try to load the game the main screen doesn't show "Continue", just "New Game" and the other things. Moreover, when I click on "New Game" it says "Data save could not be accessed. Please turn off the power and reinsert the DS card". The only saves I did was "in-game" save, not save state.
    Is there a way I can get my save back ?

Thanks for helping me :)

2. doubleh

doubleh Member

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Looks like your save data has gotten corrupt.
    If thats the case you will have to restart.

Or it could be because you changed/moved any files?
    Did you make any changes to the setting recently?

4. doubleh

doubleh Member

No I didn't make any change. But I added an AR code one day before it crashed, could that be because of that ?
    And I also tried to restart my computer, re-download DeSmume... nothing works unfortunately :(

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Re: Problem with Pokemon DeSmume Mac "Data save could not be accessed"

Yep theres a good chance the ar code corrupted the save file.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Next time you play on an emulator, keep back ups of your save files.
    Place a copy of the latest save in some other location as back up.

7. doubleh

doubleh Member

Thanks. I guess I can't get my save back...

But now that I cleaned the cheats, I still can't begin a new game, why ?

8. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I dont know how the emulator looks on mac, but if its like on windows, you should see a battery/ save location in the same directory as the emulator executable.
    Go in there and move the pokemon.sav file to another location.
    And load up the emu and try again.

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

By the way dont delete the pokemon.sav, yet, just move it to another location.

10. doubleh

doubleh Member

Re: Problem with Pokemon DeSmume Mac \"Data save could not be accessed\"

Ok thanks mate
    Post Merge: [time]1404299212[/time]
    I don't have pokemon.sav, juste pokemon.dct (cheat), and pokemon.dsv (battery)

11. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Cheat codes can and does mess with the offset within the game, using it of cause could cause problem. Not sure what cheat codes you were using at that time, but whatever it is, the result were written into the save file. Save file in DeSmuMe could end in .dsv, .dst, and can use imported .sav from certain source. From your first post, it is clear the save file been corrupted because of what you did, and it's rendered unusable.

What you can do is delete the .dst/.dsv file. Were you using any AR code to overcome the AP protection and No EXP Gain Cheat codes? And are you using clean/unpatched pokemon rom? If you are using clean/unpatched rom, use those action replay codes to overcome AP and No EXP so that you can play again.

If you are using patched rom, then you don't need those cheat codes as the patched rom has the AP and No EXP codes written into the rom, thus you shouldn't activate any cheat codes meant to overcome those 2 issues. Also, should you decide to try other cheat codes, make sure not to use codes that could conflict with each other, and try not to activate too many.

12. doubleh

doubleh Member

I don't know if my game was patched or not, but I had to use the XP cheat to gain XP. Everything worked perfectly. The second code I used (the one which crashed my game) was the one to encounter the pokemon you want the level you want. Maybe too powerful for an emulator lol.

Yeah I deleted all the files and now I can't start a new game, but not sure that I have the courage to start again haha.

But thanks !