1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with loading menu of R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sweetlifewithme, Jul 3, 2014.

1. So I decided to download a couple of games on my R4 card, after doing that, I found out that there is a problem with my card, when I click on it, it opens up and all, but when I click on the game menu it's just empty, not a black screen nor a blank page, but instead of games there is just an empty space, help?
    PS: I've tried removing the sd card and replacing it, but that didn't work aswell.
    PPS: when I tried deleting the gales I downloaded it got deleted then came right back next time I inserted it into my pc.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Still stuck with that same problem since July 2nd 2013? Or is this time different on different cart? ???

Lets see, last time mentioned;
    1. Your console is DSi XL v.1.45
    2. R4 cart in use is R4i 3D 2012

Did you unrar/unzip the downloaded files and acquire a .NDS file from each folder? Your console can't read .zip, .rar, .7z, and certainly not to mention it don't play 3DS rom despite the name states "3D" or "3DS". But first things first, what games were you trying to play anyway? Your cart might not be able to run new games released past 2012 if it doesn't have the necessary updates for it to load newer games.

3. It's actually my sister's DS now, mine got fixed months ago. We don't know what's wrong but is there a possebility that a virus transfered to it? I've tried downloading the Mario and Sonic winter games, GTA Chinatown and Pokemon Platinum. She might have downloaded the 3DS version of the game, that was what I was thinking too, but since we tried deleting the files and they didn't get deleted properly, it's up to the previous suspition. But yeah, thanks a lot for your help.
    PS: My DS is finally working great, and the problem was that I tried getting a different background menu or whatever it's called.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Tried backing up the SD Micro content, format it, and return all files back to it? Might help.
    Oh, I doubt she downloaded 3DS version of those 3 rom, those are NDS game rom for sure. It might just be still in compressed condition. It should have shown up even if it's corrupted, or even if game won't load due to AP protection.