1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom hearts 358-2 days sound is choppy and repeats words and music

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rowdydragons, Mar 23, 2014.

1. rowdydragons

rowdydragons New Member

So I've downloaded this stupid game from here, coolrom and a few other places and every single rom is choppy sound and repeats every word and every musical not twice. Unlike most people I DON'T WANT NO$GBA because I don't feel like playing on a two inch screen. I have used desmume and no$GBA but they both have the same issues( yes I got GBA to work with it but not the sound. I've been searching for the past six hours for a game that is not broken like this.

There is no black screen when choosing the difficulty on either emulator, but the sound is always garbage. I've messed with all the settings on both emulators more than once and it's only THIS GAME. I've played Zelda, pokemon, and a whole whack of other games and they work PERECTLY nothing is wrong with my emulator Desmume 0.9.10_x86.

Can any one help with the sound issue, or give me a link that is not broken to crap

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I know this sounds wrong, but it's not the ROMs fault. There's nothing wrong with it.

I've checked on my DeSmuME, and had no issues.

It'll be something wrong with your settings.

3. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Kingdom Hearts 385-2 Days is one of the Best Games released for the Nds, made by one of the best companies, SquareEnix.
    You cant say its Stupid even before you've played it.

Its not the game file that's broken, its your Emulator that's causing the Sound Issue.
    I've had this problem while playing this on desmume, but only when trying to record the gameplay using the built-in recorder.

Try using No$gba, i've finished the game on it 4 years ago, with no issues at all.

Configure you settings.
    Update your Sound card drivers, Close all other applications, Put you power plan to high performance etc etc...

4. rowdydragons

rowdydragons New Member

so I FIXED the repeating sound. but instead of getting helpful answers I got two dumb replies.. sorry I know i'm not very nice am I? I speak my mind.

So after I fixed the repeating sound myself without help, It became rather slow. sounding robotic and all voices where the same tone, very dry of emotion or human textures. Is there any way to fix this for desmume? Any files or settings that can be changed, if you truly need detailed to the last piece of info, I can do that to make things easier

Below is my reason for not wanting gba, it is bold and capitalized because two people already did not read the specifics....

SO TO CONCLUDE I DO NOT WANT NO$GBA I WANT DESMUME. NO$GBA IS A TWO INCH WINDOW... I WANT TO PLAY ON A FULL SCREEN, SO I WILL NOT RE-RE-RE-REDOWNLOAD NO$GBA TO PLAY A GAME, I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ON A TWO INCH WINDOW.. ON A TWENTY INCH SCREEN.

And I don't know what you are talking about Dark Infernape I love kingdom hearts I've played every game, even this one and I love it.. same with final fantasy. SquareEnix is probably the best game designer ever, call of duty cant compare.

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

;D Happy to Hear that.

Yea yea you don't like No$gba, I get it...

But just to clear things up, no$gba can go full screen mode just like desmume. The window can be stretched just like with desmume.

6. rowdydragons

rowdydragons New Member

not mine. I drag the corners the edes, press the maximize button and do everything I can, even under file is a maximize option. it still stays two inches wide. and my buddy has a 70"+ tv and his can't be maximized either. As well no$GBA is the same thing except I can't fix the repeat at all.. and no robot voices.. but the repeat is far worse than the robot voices. Would just be awesome to hear the game in crystal quality like every other damn rom I have

I changed around some more settings for sound and what not, don't know if it worked. I was almost at the next cutscene and I accidently quit the game thinking it was asking me to resume.. don't ask, long night of frustration and headache over this stupid rom and emulator laggy robot voice crap..

7. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Wow that is alot of anger, but if you want answers i will help you. For starters, NDS emulation is nowhere from perfect, even if you have a fast computer, so expect problems. DeSmuME focus on game accuracy more than it does with speed. No$gba pre 2.6a cant change the size but 2.7 or higher can or use No$Zoomer, but again still lags and have horrible sounds during cutscenes. If you want to play the game perfectly, i suggest buying a nds and the actual game. Till then you will have to put up with the problems that will occur.

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There'll always be rom/iso that won't work well on your computer/emulator, especially on emulators. It'd never be the same as playing on the real console/device the game is meant to be played on.

In any case, if you want to enlarge the aspect ratio of your No$GBA 2.6, you'll need to add an add-on called No$Zoomer. Run the game through Zoomer so you then can expand the screen size. No$GBA 2.7 or newer has option to enlarge it's screen size without needing No$Zoomer, in fact it's not compatible with No$Zoomer anyway. Or yes, use DeSmuMe; the latest JIT or SVN version. How well the sound quality depends on whether the hardware you have is compatible with the emulator and or the iso/rom. There's always the downside of poor quality sound, in fact NDS games don't have that good sound quality anyway, so expect to be let down at some point.