1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New to emulation; where do I begin?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jaythelord, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jaythelord

Jaythelord New Member

I'm very new to emulation. I just downloaded Dolphin and now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Is there anywhere I can download the Xenoblade Chronicles ISO? The stupid point wall thing here is annoying me since it'll take forever to get enough points to download the ISO, and I can't buy Premium since that option is down for me right now. I recently ordered Xenoblade Chronicles 3D but failed to realize that you need the NEW 3DS to play it, so I've decided to emulate the original game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

we don't allow discussion of other romsites that provide the same content as us.

Your first stop should be the Dolphin wiki. This will tell you how playable your chosen game is and what, if any, special settings are needed within Dolphin to play this specific game. (different games require different settings). Be aware that emulation is very CPU heavy, so if you have a weak CPU and/or intel integrated graphics, you may find it doesn't run very well.

Once you've downloaded and extracted the ISO, open it in dolphin, and it will appear in the list. Make any necessary changes to the settings, and double click the game in the list to start it.

if you intend to play more than one game, it might be worth making a note of what the default settings in Dolphin are. This is because their wiki only lists settings that need to be changed from default, and there is no 'return to defaults' button within Dolphin, so after the settings have been changed a couple of times you have no idea what the defaults are.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

op is complaining more about saving up points to DOWNLOAD from this site, but to answer his question, No there are little to no sites that have wii games for direct download BUT this site.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Xenoblade_Chronicles
    heres the game issue and also

you will need an updated WINRAR to extra them on this site. these are pretty much what is needed when you get enough points to download the game. Have fun and remember, if you dont like all the issues, you can always get a mod wii and play backup wii games on it.

4. Jaythelord

Jaythelord New Member

Thanks a lot everyone! I guess I'll have to wait a while to be able to download the ISO off here. Thanks for the wiki link Blazemax!

Also, Is there anyway I can get Premium? I tried to buy it but there's no buy option. It says that Premium is currently not available for purchase. Do you guys know when Premium will be available for purchase again?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

unfortunately at this time we have no idea when or if premium will be available again.