1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mapping a Control Combo to One Button in Visualboy Advance

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lycanthrokeith, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Hello.

I'm using VisualBoy Advance, 1.5.1, on Windows 7. I'm using a Saitek P2500 Rumble Gamepad.

I'm currently playing Mega Man & Bass, and I'm trying to set it up so that I can do Bass' dash (double-tap left or right on the controller) and Mega Man's slide (hold down and jump button) with a single gamepad button press (not at the same time, obviously, just knowing how to program the combo for each game).

Is there a way to program this through VBA itself, or would an different emulator or an external program like JoyToKey be able to do it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

to answer your question, you can map two button to one but you can NOT set a double tap for bass. I suggest you play the snes version. its fan translated so you can play it in english and bass has a one button dash for easier access.

3. That could be worth a go, thanks for letting me know it exists.

4. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

If you want to play it in english, Aeon genesis has it. they have two patches, one for localization(aka megaman and bass) and japanese original(rockman and forte).

also if you like this game, the wonderswan(B&W) has another megaman and bass game to play.