1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with Megaman Battle Network 5

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KamonTaylor, Aug 8, 2015.

1. KamonTaylor

KamonTaylor New Member

Not sure if it's the Gameshark codes I'm using, if it's the ROM I downloaded, or whether it's a problem with Protoman version ROMs in general, but whenever I try to enter Drill Comp 4, the game freezes. I can provide further details later if needed/wanted.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you think it's the action replay codes, then try playing 'new game' without it. Cheats can mess up a game.

3. KamonTaylor

KamonTaylor New Member

One problem: I suck at this game (more specifically, I suck at the liberation mission parts).

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Hmm...ok. If that's the case, then the other solution would be to "not play it and find one you won't suck at".

5. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Try entering the comp after disabling/removing the codes. If that doesn't work either then the cheat must've affected your save file and if that's the case, I guess you would have to start over.

A hint about cheats: Try using less harmful cheats like infinite money or instant kills that activate with key combinations...

6. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

you mean the map wise or using other navi wise. personally i love the liberation missions feature. I wouldnt worry too much about the cheats, with the numberman codes and chip graps you can find on the net, the game is roughly easy till the last boss, but thats cause hes the LAST BOSS, THOUGH he is not the FINAL BOSS. Also CHAOS UNION is fun to use if you like that sorta thing.

7. KamonTaylor

KamonTaylor New Member

I mean the "winning battles within 3 turns" part.

In any case, here's the details I mentioned in the first post. The files names for the 2 ROMS I've tried so far are "2035 - Megaman Battle Network 5 Team Protoman (U).gba" and "2035 - Megaman Battle Network 5 - Team Protoman (U)(Trashman).gba".

The cheat codes I'm using are the following ones from the Pro Action Replay Codes FAQ on GameFAQs: The "M Code" "Have 999999 Zenny", "Invincible (green)", "Quick Buster Charge", "Inf. Soul time" (not that I've made it far enough on either ROM for that one to be useful), "Always have full order points", "Target Phases = 99 Phases", & "Have 99 of all chips".

I'll try disabling some of those and starting a new game, and see if that helps.

Update: I disabled the "Quick Buster Charge" and "99 of all Chips" codes, played up to Drill Comp 4, and was doing just fine until I saved. Luckily, I was able to rewind far enough back that I was able to continue. And while I'm thinking about it, wonder why it was Drill Comp 4 the game kept freezing at...?

Update 2: No more problems since the last update. Finished the game, and have decided not to play it anymore. Thanks for the help.