1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ASUS geforce gtx 750 1gb ddr5 dual monitor Extended

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by evyosh, Sep 15, 2015.

1. evyosh

evyosh New Member

Im planning to buy a ASUSgeforce gtx 750 1gb ddr5

I already have 2 Philips 20inch monitors with 1920x1080 native resolution and i the monitor it has both DVI-D and vga port.

Core i5 4670K
    8GB Ram
    asus h97 pro gamer
    coolermaster 550w PSU

my main 2 question?

1. will i be able to extend monitors without any issues? (dual screen side by side screen for multi tasking) - something like main screen and secondary screen kind a thing. not both monitors act as one monitor

2. can i play games just using one screen. ( i dont need both screens for playing games only) - while playing a game to be able to work on the other screen kind a thing.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

This is what extend is, two monitors side by side acting as one big monitor, you can drag stuff between them or even have one program fill both screens (though you have to resize the window manually to do this, maximise will just fill the screen the program is currently displayed on). I have two monitors in this configuration, I generally have brower open in one and my game or IDE open in the other.

2) yes, you'll want to use windowed mode for the game otherwise the mouse will be trapped on the one screen until you alt tab out.

I'd suggest getting a 2gb version of the card rather than the 1gb though.