1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tomb raider 2 cutscene audio

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yoginc, Sep 20, 2015.

1. yoginc

yoginc New Member

I'm playing this on the epsxe 1.9.25 and at the end of the first china level, there's a cutscene. Problem is, its devoid of any audio. Other audio in the game including CD audio tracks and music work perfectly fine. Any ideas?
    BTW, Below is my plugin config

Video: Pete's openGL2 2.9
    Audio: epsxe core sound plugin 1.9 (I use this as its the only plugin that will play cd music, Tried Eternal 1.41 and pete's sound driver but they can't play cd tracks)

I play the game directly from the ccd/img files. However, I get the same problem even when I run the game from CDROM on a virtual drive. The cdrom plugin I've used is epsxe core 1.70, mooby 2.8 and p.e.o.ps cdrom 1.4

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

is there a .sub file?

3. yoginc

yoginc New Member

Yes. there is in fact a sub file. 3 files in all. a .CCD file, the main .img file and a .sub file

4. Loonylion

One of the plugins (either for sound or cdrom) should have an option titled something like 'read subchannel audio data' . Make sure this is enabled

5. yoginc

yoginc New Member

Yes the CD rom plugin has that option. But it doesn't solve the problem even when enabled. Tried on pete's cdr 1.4 plugin and sapu cdr 1.3 as well as epsxe's core cdr plugin

6. Loonylion

do other cutscenes have audio?

7. yoginc

yoginc New Member

Well, I've just started with the game, so don't know about the later cutscenes. Guess i'll have to play on further to get more on that. However the FMVs have audio. Other background and ambient sound effects also work fine. Even CD audio works.