1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Persona 3 FES

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TraditionalGames, Nov 18, 2014.

1. So I downloaded the Persona 3 ISO but when I try to extract the .rar file I get an error "Unexpected end of archive". There are two files. A .I00 file and a .MDS file. The I00 file cannot be extracted. Gives me the same error. How do I get the ISO set up so I can put it in my emulator?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Most likely your WINRAR is inferior, update it to v.5.0 or newer. Then try again.

3. I was using 5.1 but I updated to 5.2. Same thing happened.

4. Prectorian

In that case, allow time for the admin to check if the archive been damaged or not. You have 72 hours from time of clicking the first download to re-download the file without further point deduction. I'm sure the admin will respond to this once they have look into it.

5. It's most likely damaged. Come to think of it aren't large PS2 downloads supposed to come in multiple files? I remember reading that in a recent tutorial. Then there should have been an .002. I think the problem is it only contains the first part of the game. I also tried it in Winzip and it told me there were missing files so that's probably it.

6. Prectorian

How many split files in an archive depends on the size of the original files and how large it was split, if it was split. You can't use WINZIP on a .RAR compressed file, unless it's a .ZIP then you can. So the last statement doesn't stand valid. If your WINRAR was v.5.1 or newer, and had redownload twice, then probably the file might be damaged and need replacement. In which case, allow time for the admin to check and work on it, as long as it's within your 72 hour time frame, you can re-download without further point deduction.

By the way, I notice there are 3 links to Persona 3, two of which are Persona 3 PES. Have you tried both links? And do point the admin which of the 2 links contain the 'broken file' you had downloaded twice. Copy the URL link and post it here.

7. romulation.net/roms/PS2/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-3-FES-(U).rar/

This is the one I downloaded. I just downloaded it a second time and now it gave me a .001 file and a .101 and I also got no error from either winrar or winzip. But now HJSplit won't reconize the files.

8. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Why not just use bittorrent? It's not a good idea to download such a big file using HTTP. Here, I've found a good torrent for it:

http://kickass.so/shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes-ps2-usa-repacked-t6551295.html

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Huh i thought you were not supposed to link to torrents here. ???

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its ok, only not everyone can or is willing to use torrents.

11. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

So, is it allowed? I can remove it if it is not.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

13. So I downloaded it a third time and now it's back to the way it was before with the error and just the 001 file and now my 72 hours is up. Guess I'll just try the torrent.