1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Videogame (Wii) troubleshoot

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NintyRaccoon, Jun 27, 2015.

1. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Hi guys!

When I tried to play Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Videogame with Dolphin, the game lagged a lot. :( Does anyone else have the same problem?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what version of dolphin are you using, what settings are you using, and what are your computer specs (cpu, cpu speed, ram, graphics card)

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Sigh, you ask the pretty much easiest answerable question there is. YES playing the game on Dolphin cause it to lag, even if you have a good cpu and ram. If it causes too much lag and you dont want to play it like that, i recommend getting a modded wii and playing on that. Emulations of newer consoles are expected to have issues similar to that, but best guess, you will need a higher performance computer when that problem is fixed.

4. NintyRaccoon

My Dolphin version is 4.0.2.

As for settings Loonylion, which ones are the most interesting in this case?

My computer specs: Intel Core i3, 2.10 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics.

*Sigh* How would I know everything? I've played Castlevania Adventure Rebirth and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years without problems.

As for Gamecube-games: I've also played Super Mario Sunshine and TLoZ: Twilight Princess - while they lagged a bit, they were actually playable. 007: Everything or Nothing graphically glitches a lot, and it's not even for Wii. I've started a thread (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=64020.msg1449624#msg1449624) about it as well.

It's not a big deal really. If it's impossible to solve the problem at this point, then I'll just wait. I'm not in a hurry anyway.

But I started this thread only because I couldn't find any other thread about Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Videogame (Wii) and it's not a 3D game. So please be patient with me.

5. Loonylion

You have a relatively slow cpu and no real graphics capability. that will be causing problems. if at all possible I'd recommend trying to get a real graphics card (if its a laptop this is a non-starter).

6. NintyRaccoon

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Yes, it's a laptop so I simply have to get a better computer and so on.

Thanks again!

7. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

NO NO NO NO, he may sound right, but you do NOT need to get a better computer. This is the most rookie mistake most people make. Your cpu and ram are fine, you need a better gpu really a non-intel version. Even if you get a decent affordable or even better, you are likely looking at playing at 90% but that for the more popular games(you know mario and games everyone knows). less popular games are really checked often, so if there is something wrong with them, they get unnotice.

Simple answer on what to do, is get a "new gpu" aka graphic card for your laptop. Even if you have the best hardware, you will still have lag, graphic problems, and will face the dreaded, "GAME NOT WORKING". If you want to play the game perfect, get a modded console. If you dont mind a little problems, then just get the gpu and you will play ok. also if you need advice in what gpu to get, ill pm you recommends i can dig up.

8. Loonylion

99.9% of laptops do not have replacable GPUs. Dead end suggestion.