1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

@nightshizumu
    -The rom here in Romulation is a clean copy(unpatched).
    -Not here in the forums but in the main site:
    https://www.romulation.org/

2. nightshizumu

nightshizumu Member

hey just wondering,
    Dragonneon007 said its still in jap & if it works on a R4 (i have R4 SDHC still works same thing lolz) with no black screen & freezes like no problems ill download it coz i want it in plain jap coz... both jap & eng together is kinda awkard i dont mind its fun but yeh im a freak thats my excuse rofl

so can any1 plz check if it works on a R4 with no crashes in it thanks :p

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Download it and check yourself. You can do it just as fast as anyone else can.

4. nightshizumu

nightshizumu Member

my internet useage is only 12GB/month & iv already used 90% o_O coz i downloaded many diff pokemon HG SS roms in this 3 days lolz & i watch lots of youtube lolz

btw ill be glad to translate something if u want ill try do my best ...or u can just use the old G/S walkthrough lulz

5. KagiKitsune26

KagiKitsune26 New Member

will this work with the new english patch avail on project pokemon's forum?

6. sayapedr1234

sayapedr1234 Active Member

Hey guys, I was surging google when I came across this:
    http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8341&p=4
    I tried it on my m3i zero and I can save w/on arm7 patching and I tried to emulate the piracy checks by going in and out of my house like 20 times. No freezes! Tell me if I'm lying. Oh and I had to change the number to 37.

Edit: It still has the pokegear bug. But I'm pretty sure u can remove that by arm7 patching it with pltmm's arm7. Testing now. I'll edit again if it works.

Edit 2: the pokegear bug is now gone! I'm testing to see if any freezes will come.

7. jordydh

jordydh Active Member

Why is everbody having the pokegear freez?
    I downloaded the translated/fixed version from naruto and i don't have it the game works perfectly.

8. wellthen

wellthen Member

ok, i have read through this topic many times and i am quite frankly lost. I understand that this game works perfectly, patched or w/patch on emulators yes? But this is where i require some clarification, what is the satus of this game when it comes to flashcarts. I own an R4i, is there a perfect rom for that yet, by perfect i mean, Kazowar english patch 2d, no BSOD and no freezing at all ever. Well?

And im not being lazy i just do not understand which flashcarts people are trying and which flashcarts and roms work. Thanks.

9. flashjump

flashjump Member

i have an r4 and ive used the patches in this thread but the menu is still in jap. what am i doing wrong? any suggestions?

10. Koolinkenji

Koolinkenji New Member

You are the best... now the only problem for is... how do I save? They don't ask yes or no?

11. jordydh

jordydh Active Member

the ask it in japanese xD
    Just pres a the whole time and it's ok.

12. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

13. 26296suj

26296suj Member

i'm using the plain DSTT with 1.17 and it works for like two and a half hours which personally i think is great just remember to save after an hour or so. (this is the kazowar one)

14. queensg

queensg New Member

i downloaded like a million different fixes but none of them work. can someone give me the link to a fix that actually works? a fix that makes the freezing problem dissappear completely? and can you please tell me how to apply the patch correctly? (because maybe im doing something wrong)

please answer

15. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

Mr. Smackdown will your versions freeze at all ?

16. zeyad477

zeyad477 Member

Posted by Luga:

There is a FIX for Heart Gold and Soul Silver AT LAST!!
    I have used this patch and have played the game for THREE HOURS STRAGHT! IT WORKS! YAY!!
    WATCH OUT JOHTO! HERE I COME!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ2SVU55

Original Post from GBATemp:Trust me on this one, Rudolph has created alot of patches for problematic ROMs, every patch worked.

REMEMBER!! .BAK IS THE GAME BEFORE PATCH!
    USE THE .NDS WHEN THE DATE CHANGES TO THE CURRENT DATE!

How to apply the patch:

Re-download the ROM files and Re-Extract them.
    Please only use One at a time.
    yup it 100% worked for me. *no freeze or whatsoever*
    If you want to use the English translation then do the following:
    Download THE ORIGINAL ROM, which can be found at https://www.romulation.org/.. then ROM->Unzip ROM->Rename it to something short like "PSS" or "PHG"->Patch it with the Anti-Freeze Patch from Rudolph first->Then Patch it with the CLEAN ENGLISH PATCH "PSSE/PHGE". Enjoy

Note: for NO$GBA 2.6a besides all the instruction above, you must apply the AR codes to get rid of the black screen and here is the code:

Here is the anti-piracy check Action Replay code Make sure it is entered as *Raw*
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000
    That needs to be turned on every time you run the game

17. sayapedr1234

sayapedr1234 Active Member

Does no one pay attention to what I said? It's like a thing that foxes the codes and freezing problems in hg/ss. Somebody else please try it so I have backup. I think it's prolly the best. But what you need to do is use the code patched, then translate with the patch, then replace the arm7.bin file to fix the pokegear.

18. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

Use My Version!!!

ITS THE BEST! The KazoWAR Englisch version without Pokegear bug on M3 with no freezes, and when it freezed, maybe in 2 hours or so.

19. wellthen

wellthen Member

Zeyad which cart is Lugas patch you just posted for? and where do you have to download the original rom from? i ask this as some patches only work on certain sized roms. the one from this site is 128mb and the one from places like romfreaks is 122mb

20. iCmgFTW

iCmgFTW Member

lol, your version for me froze... but i'm still gunna use it... for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.