1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Flashcart for 3DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jagman1x3, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

I'm looking for a flashcart that will let me play my DS roms on a 3DS, and I don't care about support for 3DS games. I only have experience with a CycloDS Evolution, so I don't know anything about different carts and firmwares. I know that the iEvolution works on the 3DS, but it's much too expensive. What flashcarts are relatively cheap, easy to use, and will work on the 3DS? If knowledge of how to use different flashcarts is required, a link to a tutorial would also be appreciated.

2. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

if you put a flashcard on your 3DS it will brick and die
    you cant do that, also there is no flashcard for the 3DS yet

3. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

im only using my dsi to use roms the 3ds ill use official games on

4. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

supercard ds2 that is the best card at the moment but acecard 2i is the second best at the moment but cant do anything like the scds1 but is cheap

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Way to fear monger for Nintendo. That rumor is false BS set out probably by Nintendo themselves to try to scare people out of pirating.

Anyways, the Acekard2i runs on the 3DS with the DSi 1.4.1 update applied. I don't think it needs another update, I could be wrong, just gotta check the site. AKAIO will be the firmware that you'll want to use with it. Otherwise there is the Supercard DSTwo which needs no special updates to run on the DSi or 3DS, but will cost you more. Worth every penny in my opinion.

6. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

What exactly can the DSTwo do that the Acekard can't?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

drain the DS battery faster. And play GBA games on a DSi.

8. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

How much faster does it drain the battery? The 3DS battery life is pretty low already.

9. Loonylion

no idea, but the DSTwo has an onboard CPU and RAM that will draw power, the acekart2i does not.

10. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

Thanks. gameplayfun is selling the Acekard 2i for $13, so I'll probably buy that. Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to set up and use the Acekard?

11. fitcat

fitcat Member

Yes, on the same board. Search for the first few posts.

12. wendyche

wendyche Member

Well, as I know, this R4i SDHC 3DS card can run 2D games on Nintendo 3DS.
    Can Acekard 3 card support 3D games?

13. Loonylion

No cards can support 3ds games yet.

14. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

here is a guide that i made on how to set up the acekard: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0 and the acekard right now does not work on 3ds with the 1.4.1. acekard team did mention that they made an update for the acekard to work on 3ds but they are witing for the us release of the 3ds so nintendo doesnt patch it with some sort of system update

15. http://www.ndstti.cn/
    Maybe is this something.

16. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

You are grossly underestimating the DSTWO. It can run emulators better than the acekard can. There are little or no bootleg DSTWOs as opposed to the market being saturared with fake acekard2is. The DSTWO bypasses any and all forms of anti-piracy without a patch, so you can always play games right when they come out while everyone else has to watch for rom patches and firmware updates. It's better, it's faster, it's more reliable, and considering just how much software you'll be putting on it, you're better off not cheaping out.

You can also watch full movies on the DSTWO, I'm not sure but I don't think the acekard can.

Unless you're seriously in danger of losing your house, save up an extra few bucks and get a DSTWO.

17. Loonylion

Last I heard the DSTwo specific emulators sucked in comparison to the ones already available, the 'bypasses any and all forms of antipiracy without a patch' has been proven false on at least two separate occasions and 'better' is an invalid statement without justification.

Price does not necessarily indicate quality, the acekart2i is a perfectly good card, that is perfectly capable of running movies, which is a feature provided by most flashcarts.

I make my statements based on the experience of numerous people on these boards, not marketing hype.

18. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

the scds2 supports gba, gbc, gb, snes, nes, mame and movies without converting like the iplayer but not quite as good and more

19. Loonylion

so does the acekart2i excepting gba.

20. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Last you heard? You don't even own a DSTWO? Your opinion has become completely and utterly invalidated. I own both the DSTWO and Acekard2i, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the DSTWO blows the ak2i out of the water.

Yes, the acekard2i does exactly what it's supposed to do and is in no way a bad card. But to actually imply that it's better than the DSTWO is just lunacy. There is nothing the ak2i can do that the DSTWO cannot. There are several things the DSTWO can do that the ak2i cannot. Therefore, it's impossible to say truthfully that the ak2i holds any sort of candle to the DSTWO in any aspect besides price.

The ak2i does NOT have a real super nintendo emulator by the way, as the list of compatible games for it is pitifully small, and even among those are full of glitches that render them unplayable, whereas the DSTWO emulator has only minor flaws and runs MOST games smoothly.

Go try a dstwo because honestly, your blatant fanboyism is making you come off as just silly. Like I said, the ak2i is good, the DSTWO is better. There is zero bias in my statement because I have tried both (the ak2i before the dstwo even, so I started off as a big ak2i fan until the DSTWO showed it up), whereas you don't even own a dstwo.

Case and point, checkmate, game over, you lose, until you mod me because admins tend to have a heavy trigger finger when proven wrong.