1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm not using a router either. But you do need to connect through the LAN Cable line (not the phone cable or even wireless). But really, I'm wondering why your Bridge Network Adaptor only contain 1 option in the drop down menu when it should have been more options to choose from. Which is rather strange. My Win 7 contain both the 'Microsoft' and 'Atheros' in the drop box; my laptop is ACER brand. Maxmahito who seems to have Win 7 too has a different hardware which run on 'Intel Gigabit', not sure what laptop brand he's using. Toshiba usually carry 'Realtek' brand. You need to find out if your laptop have other bridge adaptor in it or not. Cause it just seems so strange that you have only 1 option in the adaptor list. If there is, you should enable it through the Network Connection Setup under Control Panel.

2. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

@prectorian

How you exit the menu at "2.c.1" with the green icons ?
    When I try to exit the menu with reset he resets the settings back to "Setya".

regards Eazy

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

microsoft does not make network adaptors, anything with microsoft in the name will be a virtual one that is no use for this purpose. The 'bridge adaptor' you refer to is a virtual adaptor that joins two physical network adaptors, if you do not have any physical network adaptors then you are SOL before you even start.

4. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Owkee?
    Still i dont know how i could fix this problem, do i need to buy new hardware?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you don't have a network adaptor then clearly your internet connection does not use one. (maybe its dial up or USB based?) if you do have a network adaptor and its not showing then maybe its just not compatible with the software you're trying to use.

6. bandon

bandon Member

you say you were able to use the bridge, how do you do that? every time i try to use the bridge i starts searchign ut never really connects to the wifi so ofcourse it never finds anyone

7. Prectorian

You mean step 2.C.3.? Cause step 2.C.1 is obvious.....just press OK once you have fill up all the boxes. Just keep the "Message box" empty/blank.

E.g. for step 2.C.3.
    You load a game in Boot Like NDS mode, fill up the database (in the green icon), you press CONFIRM and it will show a black box saying about saving the newly added info, then you are returned to the main menu again, press GO BACK (B), then press QUIT (B), and a black box saying that it will shut down, you press YES (A), it will now show the main DeSmuMe screen (black screen), now press FILE and rechoose the game you want to play.

To use entralink:
    Devilkid32176's Tutorial topic for EntraLink: Click Here to Visit this Romulation Thread

Explaination about EntraLink: Visit this Pokemon Wiki from Bulbapedia

Explaination about EntraLink and Entree Forest: Visit this Pokemon Wiki from Serebii

Explaination about Pokemon Dream World: Dream World Explaination from Bulbapedia

8. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the program! I will try anytime. Plus, the latest SVN for Desmume is 3978 from EmuCR website.

9. bandon

bandon Member

thanks now i know it's not a wifi problem but a story line problem
    but since it just means i need to advance in story line it's no big problem

10. Prectorian

Yes, I'm aware of the updated versions. But frankly the most stable for this WIFI business is SVN 3947 based on my experience. The newer ones, can be a pain in the ass as it goes into error more often than it connect. Not sure why.
    Post Merge: [time]1302939670[/time]
    If you want to use the Entree Bridge, just follow the tuturial from Devilkid. If its a wifi issue, you won't even be able to get to the Entree Area through the C-Gear options. As for the Entree Forest, you can only make use after your pokemon wakes up from the dream world. Otherwise you'll only be seeing an empty forest. All the areas/features that I show in the preview section is not accessable if your wifi is not working.

11. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

Don´t work settings resets automaticly after shutdown to "Setya".
    Set all my Information like in "Config -> Firmware" then "End -> Shutdown" got a black screen loaded my .nds game.
    Result: NDS Firmware was reseted standard to "Setya".

12. Prectorian

That's strange. Maybe there's something that you had missed. Cause the steps in the tutorial is already the proper method and should have shown no issues, and I've even elaborate further in the posts. Thus I have ran out of further advice to provide on this issue of yours. Best is you check and recheck what might you had forgot doing or try solving by trial and error.

13. kaiserorn

kaiserorn New Member

Hi, I have 2 problems and 1 question:
    1p- When I start emulator and run rom i read in cmd, Firmware: save config - failed, i try to reset biosnds9, biosnds7 and firmware, but nothing. So when i tray to connet to SoftAP I have error: 50000
    2p- I cannot config firmware data (as previous post said), so i try to put in dialog od desmume data that i read in emulator (e.g. name = Setya).

1q- Is it possible play with a friend ? In other words, is it possible make a battle/trade pokemon with a friend that also use DeSmuMe as me ?

Thx in advance

P.S. Good Job!

14. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

It may be possible with Friend Codes.Don't know for sure though.But, infrared and wireless won't work.

15. Prectorian

Infra Red is for sure not going to work cause DeSmuMe does not emulate IR function. But for Wireless...you can make use of the entralink feature (I've not tested the other function found in the wireless option in the C-Gear). I've tested playing in the dream world. I planted a berry and harvested it, and made friend with a pokemon in the dream world. That new pokemon and item when you wake up, can be retrieve at the Entree Forest inside the Entre Link area.

To play in the dream world, you need to do :
    1. Create an Account in pokemon-gl.com
    2. Do GAME SYNC from the Main Menu to get GAME SYNC ID to use also in the pokemon-gl.com registration
    3. Turn on C-Gear and go ONLINE to make a pokemon sleep
    4. Go to the Dream World in the webpage at the same time while doing step 3
    5. After the intro and info, you get to play in the dream world and transfer whatever item or pokemon you get to your save file.
    6. Get the pokemon/item by going to the Entree Forest via EntraLink that can be access from the C-Gear's Wireless option. But you need to be within the EntraLink network for the feature to function.

** Doing all the above might be time consuming depending on how fast your internet and computer. It took me more than 3 minutes to do step 2 - 4 before the pokemon finally sleep and show up in the webpage's dream world. During play in the dream world, best is not to switch off the DeSmuMe. But of cause it will slow down your computer's processor with both DeSmuMe and webpage running at the same time if your computer spec is average.

16. kaiserorn

kaiserorn New Member

For the other questions ?

17. Prectorian

I though you said only 1 question.... :p

Anyway....try with SVN 3947 cause I'm pretty sure you're using the SVN 3963. Its more stable even though I've had it all working except the SVN 3971. You can find the download link in the tutorial.

If you had done the method as listed in the tutorial and is using DSL/ADSL LAN connection (ETHERNET), you should be good to go. If you're using Dial Up cable (telephone cable) or USB Dongle or WIFI Router, or wireless LAN, or 3G, etc. it won't work.

1. Make sure you're using DSL/ADSL LAN Ethernet and stable connection
    2. Make sure to assign the use of Ethernet Hardware in the Infrastructure
    3. Make sure to assign the use of the ARM Bios 7, ARM Bios 9, and Firmware provided in the package
    4. Make sure to allow the WinPcap in the firewall exception list
    5. Make sure to do the TEST CONNECTION procedure

As for the other issue with assigning the username, etc. in the FIRMWARE SETTING and in the BOOT LIKE NDS, the method provided in the tutorial is straight forward. If you can't save it after filling it up and pressing OK for the FIRMWARE SETTING, or after pressing (B) 2x and (A) 1x for the BOOT LIKE NDS. I really do not know why. Cause I've no issues with that for all the SVN versions that I tested. Please do a trial and error method, or leave it blank.

Note:
    What I mean by BOOT LIKE NDS, to enter see the green icon as shown in step 2.C.3, you must do step 2.B first, then load a game, but don't enter to play, see the bottom screen for a small icon in the bottom centre. Press it once, and you should be looking at that green icon. Fill it up, confirm the changes, press Go BACK (B) 1x, press QUIT (B) 1x, press OK (A) 1x. You'll be returned to the main black screen of DeSmuMe, re-load the game you, this time go ahead and play by double clicking the game ICON. Done.

As for FIRMWARE SETTINGS under CONFIG, fill it all up but leave the 'message' blank. Press OK. Done.

Its a straight forward setup method, so if you're still facing issues its surely not because of faulty DeSmuMe copy, not because of faulty WinPcap, also not because of faulty rom. Its for sure something to do with a step you missed or your computer's firewall is blocking changes to the settings. Make sure to place the DeSmuMe and WinPcap in the exceptions list of your firewall setting. If after doing the above still not do the trick, I really do not know what's wrong. Like I said the program is not made by me.

18. bandon

bandon Member

you can safely turn of desmume once your pokemon is asleep and you saved the game. as you put your pokemon to sleep you send his data to the pokemon dw server so as soon as that is done the connection will be broken automaticly. and without active connection it's not necesary to keep the emulator running, but i do sugjest you save your game before turning it off just to be sure. once you finished in the dream world you just do another game sync at wich point you donload the data of your sleeper, the one you befriended and any items you might be sending

19. Prectorian

Yup! You're correct, you can do as you suggest; as it does cut off the connection when the pokemon goes to sleep after its registed in the webpage account. Also cause no matter what method chosen, you'll end up having to switch on the Game Sync via C-Gear again anyway to wake up the pokemon. With your choice of method it does remove the time lag as it save precious RAM allocation without having to use the DeSmuMe at the same time through out game play on the webpage. :)

Edit:
    Added a few more pictures for the preview section for Pokemon Black and White C-Gear, EntraLink, and Dream World.

20. bandon

bandon Member

is it possible totrade with yourself by starting the desmume system twice and using a diferent black/white version (to avoid havign the same id), or would that cause problems considering the fact that you'd be connectign from the same accesspoint, on the other hand 2 brothers who play the game on ds would also connect from the same accespoint seeing as they would live in the same house, but still two ds' connectign from the same accespoint could be different from 2 emulators connectign from the same computer
    so do you have an idea if that would work or if i should avoid trying it out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.