1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

2. Theloverboy

Theloverboy New Member

Hello I need help I have done everything I had to do and I have also watched a few videos and I have done everything correctly but still when I try to connect it gives me the 52000 error code.

3. Prectorian

Cause it's over.

-I Shall No Longer Update This Topic, as It's Over.-

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

5. Azebu

Azebu New Member

Hey.
    I wanted to play Etrian Odyssey III co-op mode with my friends using DeSmuMe.
    I know WiFi options have been shut down but does wireless still work and can be emulated?
    If yes, are there any extra steps I should follow or does doing everything mentioned in OP will be enough?

6. Animalthewolf

Animalthewolf New Member

Registered just for this:

Wanted to let you know that I'm able to do this with my Desktop PC, which is using a wireless connection. Now, I do have a Wireless N USB dongle, but that doesn't matter. I am using a WRT54G Router flashed with DD-WRT as a Client Bridge. I'm in a complete different room than the host router. I have the client router bridged with the host, and a network cable in Port 1 of the router and the back of my PC. I now have a "Wireless Ethernet Connection" to do this with. Set the Wi-Fi settings to the Ethernet adapter and BAM. Works like a charm.

So, it is possible to do without running DeSmeMe in a Virtual Machine.

Also, just so you know, there is a WiFi version of DeSmeMe at v0.9.9 w/ JIT now. I have a link to it, but this won't allow me to post external links, so I am going to make it think it's just text. Make sure to remove the extra space between "mediafire" and ".com"

mediafire .com/?t9mrby5q3ahgtqp

Do not use Dynamic Re-compiler until AFTER you setup your Wi-Fi connection settings. You should use an in-game menu to access the Wi-Fi Settings of course.

Seeing as PGL is down for Black/Black 2 & White/White 2, you can always use this if you want to battle/trade still: github .com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki & save-nintendo-wifi .com/ (Remove the spaces before .com) (NOTE: An Action Replay DSi is REQUIRED for a REAL DS system. DeSmuMe has AR code support built in.)

Works with most other games as well.

7. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 New Member

Sorry for bumping this up and asking a previously asked question but I had to ask this (after Animalthewolf's comment, which game me hope for wifi but was a little too technical for me understand it properly)

Can I battle/trade with a friend in Pokemon platinum using Desmume (I'm using 0.9.9, as is my friend) ?
    Now I'm a total noob in this emulation and networking stuff, but whatever I could gather from those 2 links that Animalthewolf posted, it seems that work is being done on custom servers so that people can still use wifi services for DS and Wii.

So can anyone help me out here ? It would be really awesome if I could trade and battle online !

8. Prectorian

Sorry, I've no idea. Maybe AnimalWolf can respond to that for you. Good Luck.

9. Dani_Lima

Dani_Lima New Member

I can't conect: Error 20110. Pls, help!!!!

10. Prectorian

Nope, cannot. Nintendo has ended its wireless connectivity service early this year.

11. Tanro

Tanro New Member

So is there at this point anyway to do trades from a emulator to a real DS game so I can move my pokemon from roms to gen 5 games?

12. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

trading normally between the two is very impossible, BUT there are ways to move rom pokemons to an actual game cartriage save, but you have to search the internet and find the programs to perform this action.

13. Prectorian

There's been reports of it possible by a couple of members who had tried. It was mentioned somewhere among the current 67 pages of posts in this topic. But it IS touch and go, as in connection unstable.

As for what Blazemax said, there are various ways to do so. But if this involves an original Gen 5 cartridge, and only 1 handheld, you'd need an R4i Dongle to extract and inject the savefile. Which not many people have.

Note:

I've locked/removed my MediaFire files on page 1 because someone somewhere else decided to directly link to my packages without pre-consent in their post/blog. In any case, this topic is over with the closing of the Nintendo Wifi service for NDS.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  14. Zecrom

Zecrom New Member

For all those who lament the closing of nintendo old servers there is a ray of HOPE.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT you have connection setup SAME AS THAT MENTIONED BY PRECTORIAN OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK.

Visit the following website and follow necessary steps from:-

I didn't remove my Friend code and connected it as it is and it worked :) if didn't work for you remove friend code as mentioned at the website and carry on:-

https-github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

https-www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV6xcaCfgpc

https-www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhsjPyF-Wgw

15. lolafeet3232

lolafeet3232 New Member

Now that WFC is down i cant transfer my Pokemon to battle revolution...Reply if you found a solution :'(

16. Jadzki

Jadzki New Member

[​IMG]

I get this up when I go past step 2b and when I press the red dot it crashes.

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

nintendo took down its WiFi servers , so you can follow this method only to setup the connections

i think the member @Zecrom succeeded in connecting .
    so after setting up connections as mentioned in this thread go through the links in Zecrom's reply #1647

i hope this works out for you.

18. WilliamFox89

WilliamFox89 New Member

Heya, there is no a WI-FI Package for Desmume 0.9.11?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably not because there's no wifi service anymore, Nintendo shut the hosting servers down years ago.

20. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

This :
    and also because the DesMuME's devs never officially supported the wifi features in their Official releases , you can find this only in svn and jit version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.