1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 - The New Firmware 99.8% Compatibility (CK3)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by CoolKill3r, Apr 18, 2010.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I repuploaded Wood v1.60 for R4iDS Gold, cause why not.

Does anyone still own a copy of Wood v1.25d for M3 or Wood v1.25 for DSTT (wood4tt)
    Thanks

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

3. Angellus

Angellus New Member

Which one to choose?

Hello guys, Im very new to all this flash card stuff and i dont know which Wood version to load and put on my card. I have read so many things about clones and stuff.

I got this R4 card

[​IMG]

When I put Wood v1.62 on it(folder _rpg and _DS Menu.dat) on my DS Lite, I always get white screen with Menu ? error. Is that a clone card? And which Wood version should I use to fix this problem.
    I hope someone can help me =(

Thanks in advance guys!

4. chath20

chath20 Member

is this firmware can be use on ds lite?..

5. Prectorian

@ Angellus,

Your cart is not supported by Wood R4. It can use YSMenu/TTMenu. Topic & download links can be found in the other topic under FLASHCART SECTION.

6. Angellus

Angellus New Member

Ok thanks. can you show me what R4 Card i should get to use the real Wood 1.62 ??? I mean I have a clone R4 and want to buy a new real R4.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Is this the real R4 that works with Wood 1.62??

[​IMG]

The Shop i see it on is listed on shoptemp and is called 3dskarten.com

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IIRC the real R4 was discontinued years ago. It's unlikely to still be available.

8. Prectorian

Not only that, Wood R4 has stopped updating since v.1.62. There are many games that it doesn't support. YSMenu on the other hand is up to date. Thus I don't see any benefit insisting on using that.

9. Angellus

Angellus New Member

when i use this ysmenu, can i connect my pokemon platinum with my Wii Pokemon Battle Revolution???

10. Prectorian

Neither YSMenu nor WOOD R4 would interrupt wireless connectivity, its functionality is to support the flash cart. Whether it will pair depends on your DS and Wii, as wireless connection is hardware related and setup through the respective console settings.

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes that is fine for wood are Ysmenu .

I bought one long ago, and is OK, also then half oval shapes at top of R4 makes it partly original and fine to use, Although you are limited to using a 2GB micro SD card only .

12. AversionFX

AversionFX New Member

Hi, all. I recently bought an R4i Gold from NDS Gamer. I'm having an incredibly difficult time getting this cart to work. Absolutely nothing I've downloaded will work.

I've downloaded: Wood R4 1.62, R4i_Gold_V1.69b_English, and R4i-3DS V1.81b English. None of these work across any of my systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm about ready to start tearing my hair out. If it makes any difference, I bought the cart solely to play the English translation of 7th Dragon (NDS). That's it.

Here's what I have:
    -Kingston 2GB Micro SD
    -SanDisk 8GB SDHC card
    -R4i Gold

-3DS XL (8.1.0-12U)
    -DSi XL (1.4.1U)
    -2DS (9.6.0-24U)

13. Prectorian

What's the R4i Gold's official website? No, I'm not referring to NDS Gamer's website. The flash cart's. Both your 3DS and 2DS console's firmware blocks the cart's installation. You sure the DSi is on v.1.4.1? If so, installing the kernel via it should have work. I'm suspecting it might actually be v.1.4.3 or even v.1.4.5. Which would also means the cart can't be properly setup on it either.

Wood R4 is not the cart's primary kernel/firmware, and no it is also not a solution to overcome the blockage. You need to properly install the cart's firmware from the cart's official website as per mentioned in its packaging. You might need to use an NDSL.

14. AversionFX

AversionFX New Member

Cart's site is r4ids cn All of the firmwares listed above were taken straight from the system settings on each console. When I try to boot the cart, the screen goes white, then black. It never brings anything up. I'm not sure if it's my fault for using incorrect firmware, if my cart is DOA, or if the firmware on my console is causing the problem.

I used the m3 real on my DS Lite years ago, so I'm slightly familiar with the process. Is it the same installation on these newer systems? Should I be able to download the firmware, put it on my micro SD and go from there?

I appreciate the response. Just trying to get this working. :)

Edit:spam filter got me. Fixed.

15. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

Hi Guys! this new firmware is working on a 3ds? Or i need to buy another card to play my old nds games?

16. Prectorian

WOOD R4 is not the deciding factor for a cartridge to work on a 3DS handheld console or not. It's a third party kernel to help run/load NDS rom that fail to load/run on the cartridge's primary firmware/kernel. It isn't the solution to resolve a cartridge that doesn't load on a 3DS handheld. Just make sure your cartridge works on your 3DS handheld, and that the cartridge brand is one that is supported/compatible with WOOD R4, only then will you be able to play NDS rom. However, since v.1.62, YWG abandoned it, so games dumped after it was last released will likely not work/load.

17. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

This is funny. I think I have enough knowledge to reverse engineer this, and maybe get something out of it. Meh, what's funny is that no one's probably gonna care anymore so I won't waste my time lol. I'm surprised no one tried reverse engineering it though.

18. jasonthedrag0n

jasonthedrag0n New Member

Will this work with r4i 1.4.3 card I the DSi XL on latest firmware?

(I can't test it right now)

19. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

It should work with Wood for R4iDS Gold, and if not use Ysmenu.

20. Prectorian

Unless your R4i is able to run DSi XL v.1.4.5 (through updating from its official webpage which no longer exist), then adding Wood R4 (whichever version) at current situation will not solve your problem. Best is you buy a cartridge whose official webpage states it is compatible/supports DSi v.1.45.