1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Please help me!!! :( R4 wont work anymore on my DSi XL!!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by MorpheusShinigami, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi guys! Please help me! I had been having problems with my r4, problems like certain games lagging badly, save files disappearing and all that. I originally planned to delete all game files present in case one turned out to be a faulty file that corrupted the r4 but i had no time to even sit down at my laptop once home. So I brought the r4 over to a game shop and the person there 'helped' me to upgrade my r4. Once upgraded, the real problem starts. My r4 now can no longer be read by my DSi XL!!! :'( previously before the update, it was still able to read the card but now, it just says 'There is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot'

NOW did the person say that my r4 is not genuine hence when update, it will cease to work. Is there ANY way for me to get this r4 working again or do I just have to suck it up and buy a new one? I felt I should have been warned that this would happen by the person at the game shop before he proceeded with the update :( Please do help me figure this out!!!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What's the full name of your R4? Post the cart's photo.

3. I currently have two r4, the pink one is the apparently fake r4 that gave problems like lag and all till it was updated then it ceased to work. the black r4 is one i got from another friend who's using a ds lite, if i'm not wrong, and it works perfectly on his but not on my di xl. it cant be read at all.

I've tried reformatting the pink sd card and putting in an old version of the r4 sdhc, v1.34b, and it still doesnt work. Now, i have updated my dsi xl in hopes it will work. Current version is now v1.4.5u but it still doesnt work.

And, how do i post photos? Sorry, new user!

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

To post a photo, just take one with your camera of phone and upload it to a site like imgur.com.
    Then just put the image in a tag like this:

Code:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s9PCAER.jpg[/IMG]
    (and yes, that is Jennifer Lawrence. Problem?)

There's many R4s, and it's hard to differentiate between all of them just going on names.

5. Thanks so much!!! Here's the two images. The 'fake' pink r4 that lagged and all till it was upgraded then it stopped working [​IMG]

and the black r4 i just got that worked fine on a ds lite but cant be read by my dsi xl [​IMG]

hope i did it correctly!

6. Prectorian

You were suppose to post the BBCODE link not the HTML link. But it's ok, I've it quoted using the correct one, now viewable in the spoiler.

The black one, that is "R4 Revolution for NDS/NDSL", it's an original R4 cart. And allow me to break to you the news that, if you read the sticker on that cart, you should already be able to comprehend why it didn't work on your DSi XL. Anyway, might as well I tell you that your flash cartridge only usable on the Fhat NDS (1st generation NDS console) and the NDL Lite (2nd generation NDS). It's not meant to work on the DSi or DSi XL or even 3DS or 3DS XL or 2DS. I don't think it even ran at all from the start on your DSi. You probably just saw images or words, which made you think it will work if you had set it up correctly. But it doesn't, because it doesn't support DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL/2DS.

The pink one, I can see that the sticker been removed. I can't be certain, but I'm guessing that is "R4i 3D Revolution for NDS/NDSL/DSi/DSi XL". This one should work on your DSi or DSi XL. But it only works if your DSi is running firmware below v.1.4.4. If it is running firmware above v.1.4.4, of cause it won't work at all. The cart will be blocked if you had already upgraded your DSi's firmware. Also the cartridge has no more updates since v.1.4.4. I'm thinking your DSi is running v.1.4.5 firmware.

So go buy yourself a flash cart that does work for DSi's firmware v.1.4.5. Make sure the flash cart at least says it supports DSi; e.g. R4i Gold 3DS or SuperCard DSTwo, or any cartridge that has update for it to run on v.1.4.5 firmware.

There, I've explained what you needed to know.

7. Thank so much :) the pictures huge btw. haha. Well I kinda knew the black one wouldn't work but I was kinda hoping of a way to make it work.. THe pink one spoilt before i even updated my DSi XL firmware so i guess now that i upgraded, either way i'm screwed huh? T_T ohh well, thanks so much for the help anyways!

8. Prectorian

Yeah well, pretty much yes you are.
    You've upgraded your DSi XL to v.1.4.5. So either way, even if the pink one did still work, it won't be usable by now. Since no update for it to run on v.1.4.5 firmware anyway. So yeah, buy a new flash cart that does work on v.1.4.5, and I'd suggest you get the seller to help you install the latest firmware so that you don't have to go through the trouble of installing it yourself. Good luck.

9. Thanks for the help anyways! :)

10. jasonthedrag0n

jasonthedrag0n New Member

Hi, I'm new and didn't want to start a new topic, so please forgive my resurrection of this topic.

I recently, stupidly, updated my DSi XL (not 3DS) to the latest firmware and now my r4i (V1.4.3) won't work with it. The site that I bought it from no longer offers software support for the card, what can I do?

Thanks.

11. huahudie

huahudie New Member

Just buy a new one , i recommend you get the r4i gold 3ds flashcart from the dsflashcart.com , it has strong technology support team ,always support latest DSi XL

12. jasonthedrag0n

jasonthedrag0n New Member

Ok thanks. Does that also support the New3DS or should I wait until it's updated?

13. Nafen1978

Nafen1978 New Member

Hi guys got my old dsi out the r4i v1.4.3 still works in my old ds light but not on my dsi but firware on dsi is still on 1.4.1e so I put it in the ds in as u update and states ndsl ndsi 1.43 but works fine in ds but not in dsi do I need to update firmware on my dsi with Nintendo itself to the new firmware to update to lastest firmware thanks ?

14. Prectorian

I doubt you'd need to update that NDSi. Most likely there's "contact" issue with the R4i v.1.4.3 or need to reset the DSi & delete old save files from the R4i. But in case you end up deciding to upgrade your DSi to v.1.4.5e or v.1.4.5u. Make sure to upgrade your R4i to v.1.4.5 or newer. Otherwise it won't launch on the NDSi. Method to update and other related matter, you'll have to look up on the R4i webpage & the DSi webpage.

15. lector3ds

lector3ds New Member

Maybe you have to format the sd card of your R4, then copy kernel and games to it again.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017