1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

I´am trying SVN 3963 32bit.
    Posting the results in few minutes.

EDIT:

Same with 3963 got the error 52000 and 52001.
    Why works then SVN 3947 ?

regards Eazy

2. HORASMEDAN

HORASMEDAN New Member

@prectorian: I got error 51100, i am using a wired LAN from my pc that connect to wifi router. Lan--WiFi---internet is that ok?

or i must directly connect my LAN cable into my internet modem? tq for the tutor it IS GREATT!!

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

For that case, I'm not sure why as the DeSmuMe program is not made by me, I'm simply posting a tutorial based on what I've tried. Maybe have to do with your computer system. But really, you should just stick to using what already work. Since the updates of each SVN series, are usually not too significant anyway.
    Post Merge: [time]1302356012[/time]
    Directly to your LAN network. No need to use router.

4. HORASMEDAN

HORASMEDAN New Member

@prectorian: so you mean that using wireless router would fail?

5. Prectorian

The method in this tutorial is for people who don't have wireless router, but have wired-LAN. Which is why we use WinPcap to simulate and trick the system to think as if we have wireless router. I don't say it will fail if you use wireless router as I don't have a router myself. So I can't make that judgement. But based on experience, wireless device such as USB Broadband connection such as via 3G or 3.5G, etc. didn't work.

To really find out, try going into the Nintendo Wireless Network Setting (WFC setting), do a search for access point, if you can locate other than SOFTAP then it means your method might work. If not then that means your wireless method will not work and have to do the wired LAN method as shown in the tutorial.

6. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

Okay Thanks :)

regards Eazy

7. bandon

bandon Member

in infrastructure settings i have 4 options
    microsoft
    microsoft
    MS Tunnel Interface Driver
    Intel(R) 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection

first i forgot to enable winPcap on the firewall and got error 53000

once i enabled winPcap i got error 50000 (no acces point in range)
    i've tested all four options for infrastructure in both admin mode as without admin mode
    all give the same error message, does it matter that i live in europe and use US or Japan games?

8. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Intel(R) 82566MM Gigabit Network Conncetion works for me.

9. iamflip

iamflip New Member

got DeSmuME_VS2008_release2 from a site it worked then started having a serious problem here everytime I load up pokemon black and try 2 go into wi-fi club they always tell me..something bout the wifi user information is not identical so basicially i can't use the same friendcode and I loose everyone from my friendlist now..i get the latest v.0.9.7_r3963 from this tutorial and I get a error code #50000(when firewall off) then I got I'm getting error#52200 when it's on go back to DeSmuME_VS2008_release2 it works fine

10. Prectorian

1. Reason why you get that message "ID not identical"

Its because in the CONFIG --> FIRMWARE SETTING and also if you had set up in the previous version for the 'Boot Firmware Like NDS' settings where you get to setup your DeSmuMe to mimic the NDS Console
    user presets, does not match with the newer version of DeSmuMe that you had used. Thus the data recorded in the game save is not the same. You should have setup these ID before loading the game for the first time.

Likely you might have forgotten in the past, you might have altered the Firmware Setting or that the older version of DeSmuMe and the newer version does not contain the same firmware setting as the one you had used. That's what causes your lost of friend code.

2. Error Codes 50000, 52200, etc.

It all have to do with your WIFI connection and or the setup including cleareance by the firewall. If you can't use the SVN 3963, then try using the SVN 3947. DeSmuMe_VS2008 is the same as the SVN series, the numbers behind the SVN is to show the update changes. Again like I said before to the other poster, stick with what work, don't bother to much about following the updates.
    a. Make sure the firewall properly exclude the WinPcap (CONTROL PANEL --> WINDOWS FIREWALL --> EXEPTIONS)
    b. Make sure your WIFI connection is stable and all settings are setup properly
    c. Go to the in-game setting under NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS, make sure to use SOFTAP and do the TEST CONNECTION
    d. For Win Vista and Win 7, make sure to run in Admin Mode

Note:
    I'm really busy with my real life lately, so I will not be available for long period at a time. So if anyone who had experience with utilizing the WIFI feature of DeSmuMe including troubleshooting, please step in and assist the other members that require assistance. And sorry if I can't always be available to answer your questions. Thanks.

11. bandon

bandon Member

for some reason i managed to connect when not running as admin on vista pro i now need to get the save file working to check if i can really use the wifi but at least i managed to connect once without getting an error

it works i had to check all the squars on the left side of the emulation config box and use the 0.9.6 wifi version but it works
    already managed to enter mystery gift with it, c gear is lsow when i tried to sync the game but doesn't matter at least i have wifi now

12. Prectorian

UPDATE:

Pokemon-GL.com is finally up and running.
    Tutorial: Tutorial from Serebii.net

I just did some testing for the:
    1. Game Sync (Main Menu)
    2. C-Gear (Dream World)
    3. Battle Competition (Main Menu)
    4. EntraLink/Entree Link (Bridge and Forest)

It all work. Make sure to perform Game Sync to acquire a Game Sync ID. Then make sure that you create an account in that website. And use the Game Sync ID to register in en.pokemon-gl.com for USA and EU version. Do this before you try to enter Dream World through your C-Gear (make sure to put a pokemon to sleep before hand), as for Battle Competition (make sure to place some pokemon in the battle box).

13. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

@1

Tried it very often the Friendcode changes everytime it doesn´t matter if you change options in the "Emulation Config" and "Firmware Config".
    I hate it too to change the Friend Code everytime.
    No matter to set up the FC at the first start of the game because the Emulator simulates a DS without a HID so the Game don´t remember it and can´t compare the DS + Game.

Maybe I make something wrong.
    Hope you can describe your "1." more detailed :) would be happy.

Is your Friend Code everytime when you start and close DeSmuMe the same ?

regards Eazy

14. Prectorian

Try looking at the tutorial on the PRE-SETUP instruction step 2.C.1 up to 2.C.3, I just added those last night. Try comparing the content between the older version you had used and the newer version. Is the setup for those the same? Try deleting your DeSmuMe Config.INI and recreate it by doing step 2.A and 2.B again. Maybe it will solve your issue. But if that does not solve the issue. Then I really do not know what other troubleshooter to provide to you. Really am sorry, I'm no expert on this as I'm not the one who made the DeSmuMe program. I tried looking up for that specific error solution for you but can't locate it yet.

But for your info, I did get that issue when I run a newer DeSmuMe before re-config the step 2.C.1 to 2.C.3 before loading a game. When I run the game save on the original DeSmuMe version that I had used to create the save file, the Friend Code is not effected. I've even tried checking on the Game Sync ID. I made a Game Sync ID last night, close it, log off my computer, restart the computer and the DeSmuMe, check the Game Sync ID again, and its still the same one. No changes.

But again, I'm really am sorry I can't be of much help. My knowledge on emulator is really limited.

15. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I cant seem to get this running on my Windows 7 (64 bit)
    And i keep getting this "Error 5200" line after testing the connection with the game: Mario Kart DS (E)(M5)(0201)

I did all that is told on the first post, the settings i've done correct and to run DeSmuME in admin mode.
    The only 2 things i aint sure about is the Ethernet thingy, here i only see a line saying Microsoft nothing about Ethernet
    And as for WinPcap i'm not sure if my firewall accepts it but i dont know how to make it do so.

B.T.W.: When i test the connection it starts showing a green full connection and after a while it goes weak to red and gives me the "Error 5200".

16. iamflip

iamflip New Member

thanx for responding..but how do u get the settings to save(the birthday fav colour nickname etc)

17. Prectorian

I simply do step Pre-setup no. 2.C.1 up to 2.C.3. And have to do nothing else. For me it just save the setting automatically after I press OK, and each time I play/return to play those settings are there. So I really don't know why in your case it it kept going missing each time you close/shut down the DeSmuMe or your computer.

If you can't get it running on SVN 3963 or newer, try the older version such as SVN 3947. The download link is on page 1.

As for the finding out if your firewall has given access to your WinPcap. Do this:
    START --> CONTROL PANEL --> WINDOWS FIREWALL --> EXCEPTIONS ---> tick "rpcapd"
    If its not in the exceptions list, then you'll have to locate it in the WinPcap folder in the destination where you had saved the program during setup/installation.

As for that issue where the small WIFI icon turn from green to red, that shows either 2 things;
    1. your ethernet LAN is unstable
    2. you had not set in the INFRASTRUCTURE under the WIFI SETTING to use the proper Ethernet hardware.
    *Look into your NETWORK CONNECTION and see the CONNECT to find out which hardware your Cable LAN is running on.

PS: I've added 10 pictures for Mario Kart DS in the Preview Section in the tutorial.

18. CoolKill3r

Oke well i added "rpcapd" to the exceptions list but had to do it in Norton.
    And like i said i did everything i needed to do during the setup also had it set on INFRASTRUCTURE.
    I also tryed the same with the SVN 3947 version but it didnt work.

Here are some screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Prectorian

Based on your images, that bridge network adaptor is the issue...it should have contain more than just 'Microsoft' in the drop down list, at least another one, such as "Intel Gigabit Network" or 'Atheros PCI' or Realtek Fast' or other Ethernet LAN hardware brand. Are you even sure you're running a LAN cable broadband and that you have the hardware in it? Cause it seems from the image, you don't have that Ethernet capable hardware.

Update:
    Added new pictures in the preview section for Pokemon Black and White for C-Gear and Dream World. Confirmed both accessable via DeSmuMe to play on the official website. I played a full 1 hour in the Dream World.

PS: Newly added images for the Dream World is rather messy as I didn't resize it properly.

20. CoolKill3r

Well i dunno but maybe this helps.
    My router broke down and now i dont use that anymore but the modem itself.
    So instead of: Modem --> router --> PC
    Its now like: Modem --> PC
    I'm getting a wireless router soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.