1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to host people with the high-link/Entralink (pokemon B & W)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Devilkid32176, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well, since i couldn't rightly figure it out, i sat down and took my time doing this, hope everyone enjoys ^__^

In-game stuff you need:
    1. The C-Gear
    2. Access to the 4th gym city
    3. Friends/relatives that have this game also

okay, well since a few source sites didn't have proper info on the high-link/entralink, im making a brief walk-through/guide to play with your wireless features for this game :p

ok, here goes..

Well if you want to host anyone for the high-link/entralink, at least have access to the city that has the 4th gym in it, now everyone that wants to join the host, they will have to use the high-link feature in the C-Gear, once your in the main area of the high-link, you will see on both sides of the area that you warped to has a barrier on each of the bridges, wait near one of the barriers for a signal from the host game.
    When you get a signal from the host, go ahead and walk through the barrier at that point you will turn into your multiplayer avatar and then you should notice the map on the bottom of your screen showing where the host is, go ahead and click on where the host is and you will warp to the area, here comes the fun part now, you can actually warp to areas that the host doesn't have unlock, a quick win for hide the poke ball mission.

hope this guide is helpful for the people that was wondering about the high-link feature for the new Pokemon games out right now

additional info:
    from the look of the map, the diamond shape area on the map is all of the high link and from what i could tell these cities are part of the high-link:
    5th gym/city
    6th gym/city
    7th gym/city
    8th gym/city
    Black City/White forest

ok, since i got a request, here is the map to help some people with understanding my tutorial a little more >__>

[​IMG]

i suggest for the most fun with the high-link/entralink, wait till you get most all of the cities unlocked before trying this, hope everyone finds this useful, since a few sites didn't even have this :D

1st Edit: Ok, i found an issue with my guide, sometimes if your friends try to join while they are in-between cities,
    sometimes it will not allow them to get into your high-link

2nd Edit: for the first edit i did, i found out that was an issue on my end cause i was
    in-between the 4th gym city and the 3rd city, apparently the game still thinks your in the 4th gym city

New Edit: ok, this was edited to accommodate for the new versions of black and white, so any questions,
    feel free to ask

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Re: how to host people with the high-link (pokemon B & W)

We get a custom sprite for multiplayer? What can we do with that, as far as customization goes?

3. Devilkid32176

its on the trainer card, and how to change it, it becomes easier with the english patch which ones you have

4. Devilkid32176

ok, sorry to bump this old thread of mine since the new pokemon games came out, i think this might help some people

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Also, is this wifi compatible??? I don't have any friends around here so I have no chance for any local wireless stuff....

6. Devilkid32176

nope, completely wireless :(

now, if you want something special then when i get home, pm me your save then my friend and i can do a few missions for you, that way you can get a few pass powers for your c-gear

7. Devilkid32176

ok, anyone having issues with my tutorial, please post here or hell even say thanks

o_O it isn't like im going to bite your head off, heck, i will try to help to the best of my ability ^__^