1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX Burned games sometime dont works

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by DexterSK, Dec 15, 2014.

1. DexterSK

DexterSK New Member

Hi guys, sorry for my bad english.

I have chipped PSX. Bios SCPH102
    A trying burn games and play, but i must restart sometimes my PSX (2-6)x to run game normally.
    I got this screen when i playing burned game in ImgBurn:

Game stop loading at this scene
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after 5x restarting i got finally load my game:
    [​IMG]

I burned cca 10-15 games and every one have this problem.
    Copyied cd-r disc from my friend works normally.

I use burn speed 1x in ImgBurn.
    I burning .cue files (+bin).
    This is strange error, please help me :'(

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

When it boils to it, it comes down to 3 things. First what modchip you are using, second where you found your iso, and last how much patience do you have. If your friends disks works great then the problem lies in your iso you are using. Most iso sites you find games, a majority of them were ripped poorly. Im not saying they dont work and all, most will play fine on emulators but if you try to burn to a disk, chances are you will get a bad disk. it happens alot, but dont worry about it, there are some good copies out there, just hard to fine them(i know a couple of places that have good isos if you really need it, i can pm you them). when it comes to burning speed. most time it doesnt play much of a role, but best speeds are between 4x-8x, too fast or too slow can create a bad burn and a wasted disk.

3. DexterSK

DexterSK New Member

Hi, i dont know what modchip i using, how i can check it? Now iam in school, i can upload photos of chip when i get home.
    My isos is downloaded from romhustler.net and emuparadise.me
    I mean, my friends have disc copyied from originally game, thats is not reason?
    And isos works normally on ePSXe emulator 1.9.0.
    After school i try run my CDs on emulator and use speed 4x-8x.
    And problem is not in region? i mean SCEA-Sony Computer Entertainment America, My disc is SCEE-Europe thats is only idea.

Thank u for u reply

EDIT:
    I dont know if this photo help u recognize modchip but image is here:
    open image on new card for full resolution

[​IMG]

Now iam burning game with 4x but i have double values of speed, check image, i think my DVD-ROM dont support 4X speed only 8x,16x etc
    [​IMG]

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

DVD-ROM? You mean to say you burnt the files on a DVD-RW? PSX supports CD-R disk only.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no that's a cd in the image (disk id says 97 minutes)

if your burner will not do 4x or lower, that could well be contributing to the problem.

6. Blazemax

Ok i will send something to you via pm that might help your predicament....i hope at least.

7. DexterSK

DexterSK New Member

Okay, thank u. Now i try use cdrom which supports burn speeds 1x- 24x

EDIT:

Hi guys, this cdrom with 1-24x dont support write only read, but i find next dvdrom which support4x, i try burn CD with 4x speed.

I make some tests

Original CD - 10x starts - Success 9x - Error 1x
    CD Copy - 10x starts - Success 10x - Error 0x
    Burned from ISO 4x speed - 10x starts - Success 10x - Error 0x
    Burned from ISO 8x speed - 10 starts - Success 3x - Error 6x - Color Error 1x

I think problem is burn speed.

EDIT2:
    I burn CTR with 4x speed, game starts normally but when i select mission game freeze at loading.
    Star Wars 2x color error when startup, and in large scene lags

I dont know whats its the problem, maybe each one game require other burning speed? i think game with color errors require less speed than 4x.

8. Loonylion

colour errors (no colour) means its the wrong region game.

9. DexterSK

DexterSK New Member

I mean this colour error:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. sharith

sharith New Member

small bit of info, some times u need to download ppf patches for your games, and you should set image burn to 1x write speed, I always get the best results when burning my games at that speed, you can download psx patches from game copy world, some games from have a lot of security checks that the mod chip can't bypass, especially pal games, hope this helps u out bro

11. Loonylion

The issue appears to be that his burner does not support speeds below 8x.

12. Blazemax

honestly there is no one way to know what went wrong with that problem. It can be the iso, the modchip, the how you burn, if you running other programs while burning(seriously you have to turn off every program including antivirus cause it can create problmes), even what disk you use which brand name or type. You can burn 2 identical disk the exact way both times and end up with different results. All a person can hope for is they dont run out of disk before getting it right.