1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Harvest Moon DS: The Tale of Two Towns (USA) problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by englishteacher, Sep 21, 2011.

1. englishteacher

englishteacher Well-Known Member

I tried using Villagers Affection code (x128) on my Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.8 but it seems the villagers affection level doesn't increase after I talked to them.

Talk to them with x128 should give the villagers 12800 FP and an increase in their flower.

So it is either the code isn't working or there is AP which prevents the Affection Level to increase.

The Japanese version AP is the animal will always sick after festival and player can't make friends with anyone because the Affection Level of the villagers won't increase.

Can anyone confirm this?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

supposedly there is no AP on this game. maybe its the card or maybe your file got corrupted or something

3. englishteacher

The game itself working fine for me but it seems the Villagers Affection doesn't increase even though I'm using Villager Affection x 128 code.

I want to figure out whether the code is broken or there is AP which prevents the villagers Affection increase.

The Japanese version of this game has AP which prevent increase in the villager affection,so I wonder if the USA version also has same AP?

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

maybe the code is broken. check the site where you got the codes to see if they updated the codes. did you try it without codes too?

5. englishteacher

Just tried all Villager Affection codes, probably the codes itself is broken since the Instant Max Affection code is working. :)

6. Calliu

Calliu Well-Known Member

Oh reaaly? :( i'll have to wait for YSMenu 6.69 then

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You could try the game for now http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1319789#msg1319789

8. Calliu

Calliu Well-Known Member

Aww *---* It worked *O*
    Thank You Jhon ~ <3

9. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

Does this work on EDGE 2.3?
    Animals getting sick and the affection not raising is part of the AP, right? I haven't tested this so I don't know if it works so I'm looking for someone using edge that would clarify if the game works or not and if it bypasses the AP.

10. Patris_1

Patris_1 New Member

Where did you get that instant villager affection code from? I can only find the multiplier ones and they don't seem to work on Desmume

11. Dicastia

Dicastia Well-Known Member

12. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i can confirm this works on dstwo

13. mursyidi_1986

mursyidi_1986 Member

i try to play on NO$gba but it just show white screen.any suggestion?

14. weepingtree

weepingtree New Member

Hi i am playing this game on my dstwo and it works like a charm,i have no cheats enabled as there is none in my card menu.ive been playing around with my free cheat option without any big luck.
    after a little googling i came over a guide saying that when friendship isnt raised and your animals get sick after festivals it was a antipiracy measure built in the game from the japanese version.is this correcct or is it because i played around with the cheat option?
    can anyone confirm please?

15. englishteacher

What is free cheat option?
    I used the re-fixed version of Affection multiplier code and my friendship with the villagers can be raised in the USA version.

16. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Boot the game in BIOS, firmware.bin has to be in the main folder of the emulator + use boot through no$zoomer

no$gba settings , GBA BIOS (nintendo logo) , save settings and re start emulator through no$zoomer.

(Note) re-start of emualtor is importent.

17. weepingtree

weepingtree New Member

free cheat option on the dstwo lets you search for codes yourself.painful and kinda crappy if you prefer things served on a plate,like myself.but anyways,I downloaded the latest uscr dataabase and got cheats for hmtott and affection codes there for villagers and animals fixed my problem,but now i cant turn off the codes for instant crop.what can i do?

18. mursyidi_1986

mursyidi_1986 Member

thanks for the tips.

19. i think there is ap in the game, concerning friendship
    its a real b to find that later on too...

20. chukapi

chukapi Guest

whats the ap about? im only in spring 20 of the first year =.-