1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with PEC and epsxe 1.9.0

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I have a number of problems with both things, in order.

1) PEC is not working the codes are for the correct game (Digimon world 2 (U) and digimon world 2003 (European, a friend of mine hacked some codes and they work on my PSP) i start PEC it tells me to select the PEC plugin as the video one which i do (with Pete's soft one, i lack of a real GPU so using the CPU is the way to go for me) and when i start the game nada, nothing, they refuse to work.

2) I cannot modify the frame rate, with my american DW2 i am setting the FPS to 30 and then PAL one to 25, the games dont run, the default frame rate is 500.00 trying to mod that gives me a black screen.

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Well if you dont have the cpu power, i recommend using gpuPeopsSoft.dll. it works most games great for me without much issues. Also a word of warning, like the first digimon world games, it has glitchs and bugs(including the fatal crashes) so expect to be angry when it happens. If you are still having issues, downgrade to epsxe 1.8.0. For some people 1.9.0 wont work right for several people.
    Dont know if its ok to post the site for the plugin but www pbernert com/html/gpu.htm
    Just dot between the w's and com and click on P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU (Windows)

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

That is the one I am using and I know of DW1 I am not interested on playing DW1 and i downgraded to 1.8.0 only to get the same results, I have to re install PEC whenever I close the emulator.

4. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

I didnt say to PLAY DW1, i said it has bugs in the game LIKE DW1. Anyways if it still have trouble playing, I recommend using a different emulator. I know pSX 1.13 works with DW2, and you dont need plugins for it, just the BIOS. If you still have trouble after that, I recommend finding a new Dump of the game. I'll PM you if you need it, a link to where i got mine at.