1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trouble extracting ISO....rar file extracts into multiple files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rcoley13, Dec 28, 2014.

1. rcoley13

rcoley13 New Member

I'm trying to extract The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and after unzipping the file, I get a folder and within the folder are multiple files with .r00-.r23, another zip file and a .sfv file. Is it supposed to extract as an iso? Please help. I don't have issues with my pcsx files...but this is baffeling me. Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

and if you extract the split files do you get the iso?

3. rcoley13

rcoley13 New Member

Oh, do I need to highlight all the extracted files and unzip them as well? I've never had to do that..let me try...

4. Loonylion

no, just unrar one of them and they'll be combined automatically

5. rcoley13

rcoley13 New Member

I just tried extracting s3-zeltw.r00 and it ended up with an error "Data Error: s3-zeltw.r00" file is broken. Before extracting it asked if I wanted to overwrite some files that it thought was duplicate. I'm confused.

Post Merge: [time]1419802797[/time]
    I'm using 7zip if that makes a difference.

Post Merge: [time]1419803039[/time]
    I'm downloading the one from romulation.net ...should be done in a few minutes. I'll try extracting that to see how it compares.

6. Loonylion

right so the original file did not come from us?

There may be an issue with using 7zip if the file is compressed using the new rar5 algorithm, because 7zip may not support it yet, in which case it will erroneously think the file is damaged. RAR5 compressed files need winrar version 5 or higher. Or it may simply be that 7zip is unable to handle split rar archives.