1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS JOKER ROM WONT RUN! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hikemhigh, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hikemhigh

hikemhigh Member

Ive waited half my life for this game, and since it wont work, that scared me half to death so im basically dead. but the dead need technical support too. ALL of the DQMJ roms ive tried all end up saying "Could not read adventure log" what am i doing wrong?!?! i really want to play it. i have both the .nds and .sfv file in there. please advise.

2. hikemhigh

hikemhigh Member

btw its on R4DS latest update English v1.1

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the .sfv file is not necessary. I would imagine you need to wait for for a flashcart firmware update if you're using one, if you're trying to use an emulator you'll have to wait another 6 years or so.

4. hikemhigh

hikemhigh Member

a flashcard firmware upgrade for the R4 like english v1.2 or for the game to be compatable with it?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the reason the firmware is updated is to make it compatible with newer games.

6. hikemhigh

hikemhigh Member

ah ok thanks very much :D

7. hikemhigh

hikemhigh Member

however, i seem to be only one with this problem, so i think im doing something wrong. and lots of other people have the R4. alsooooo this happened with drawn to life and LOZPH but i gave up on drawn to life cause it looked like it sucks and my friend found a good LOZPH that worked. so i really have no idea what the problem is. :( anyone who has this for R4 and it works please let me know exactly what you did!

8. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

By the way. if you're using R4 version 1.1, make sure you get it to 1.11 first. if you made a typo mistake. you can consider my suggestion below.

Eventhough i don't know how to fix your problem. I can tell you R4 with firmware 1.11 should work with dragon quest monsters joker. just need to find a way to fix this problem. If i found a problem like this, i think the first thing I'll do is 'format' the sd card and re-install the firmware directly from the R4 website and try again. My sister also have a R4 (same as me). I've never encounter a problem yet. but she did a couple of time. Eventhough i don't understand the exact problem, i always just do this for her first and the problem is fix. I tested her R4 with my SD card on my DS for a couple of weeks and is fine. then i tested out her SD Card with my R4. ran into problem. so i am sure that's what happen for the last couple of time. SD card problem. she replaced the SD and ever since. no problem.

so after this long story. if you don't know what's going on yet, just try formating the SD and re-install the firmware flash from R4 website first. at least is clean and eliminate all the other possibility first. Since this rom is working for most others, this will eliminate most software problem first. (also if the ROM is downloaded here, where everyone got it from) then you can start eliminating problem by asking a friend to test out with their SD or R4 or their DS. it may surprised you by using this elimination, you'll find out your problem very quickly.

PS. i basically finished the game and i got my rom from dash. (i think is the same one romulation put up, since the file construct is the same) not sure if i am supposed to post this. but you can google it. it is working perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.