1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 - The New Firmware 99.8% Compatibility (CK3)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by CoolKill3r, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Ask me not if this is real or not, but if it's posted there, I should assume it's legitimate. Since we know YWG is affiliated to it.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes it will be ;) , Strange thing is that some time what I thought I read is not what I thought when read again ??? , at times, are spelt

3. Prectorian

Careful not to turn yourself into 'Fantastic 4's Human Torch' :p
    [​IMG]

You really need to see your Ophthalmologist. If the ones in UK are not good, try going to Singapore. They got very good doctors practicing in the SNEC clinic in Gleneagles Hospital.

4. Jhon 591

!lol are maybe the incredable hulk ;) ^^

I'm having an eye check in two week time, but optitions will not see to me until after Hospital check .

5. Prectorian

Becoming the green man isn't fun. Being the 'human torch' is. You can fly and burn stuff.
    Why with optician? Need to make new glasses? Don't make it until your eyes are pronounced stable, else waste of money.
    For the past 15 years, my eyesight's minus hasn't moved a single point. But I ended up making a new one 3 weeks ago,
    the one I've been using for 15 years looks awful already.

6. Jhon 591

Yay way not ;)

They will only cost me half of original price, If so.

15 years I'm not surprised xd ;D
    Post Merge: [time]1383564239[/time]
    Ops have to budge your topic to this new page ;)

7. Prectorian

Yeah, 15 years. And it's a bit bent on one lens, I was about to open a door when someone else open it from the other side, and hit me square in my face, bending the glasses. No worries about the WOOD info, easy to move around. :p

UPDATE:

Wood R4idsn v.1.64 by Yellow Wood Goblin for R4i Gold 3DS from R4ids(.)cn and R4idsn.com

Changelog:
    Made on November 4th 2013.
    I haven't any idea what's new since there's no mention about it!
    Since this is the latest release, I assume this contains fixes up to rom no. 6248.

PS:
    There's no mention about when v.1.63 or v.1.64 for R4DS Original/M3 Simply and Acekard R.P.G. be available.
    So be patient until reported available for download.

Download Link
    1. CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD MIRROR | TurtleShare
    2. CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD MIRROR | MultiUpload

Sorry I can't link direct to the original website's download link. Apparently for those of you who knows, the name of that website hasn't been removed from the filtered words in this forum. Thus why it's to be via file sharing site.

8. Jhon 591

"Yeah, 15 years. And it's a bit bent on one lens, I was about to open a door when someone else open it from the other side, and hit me square in my face, bending the glasses. No worries about the WOOD info, easy to move around. :p"

Ouch, Bet that heart !of , My Dad can be the same fully Damaged after 1 year :p xd.

9. Prectorian

It does hurt, I broke my nose in the event too, not just bent the glasses. Funny how back then my main concern was the glasses not the nose. :p
    I asked the optician to fix it slowly. They could only repair it by 90%, was still bent by a bit till now. Am still using the glasses even though I've already a new one made. Still clinging on the dearest glasses. Priceless memories...awww...haha... Nach, actually it's because old glasses tends to fit better, new one need eyes adjustment. Difference in the viewing area, shape and etc. can cause headache. Need time to get use to the new one before discarding the old one. Though in my case, I don't need to discard it, because the lenses are the exact same specification. And probably will be for years to come, since my viewing habits (when reading and watching tv/computer, etc.) stays the same for decades. I'm concern about why it didn't change for so long, other people's changes over time, mine doesn't. I heard from somewhere that it could be a sign of eye problem. Hopefully not.

Anyway, back on subject,

I found that the Acekard R.P.G. had it's source code opened for public : http://www.acekard.com/download.php
    Not sure if anyone can make use of it ???
    Who knows it have some use, e.g. crack WOOD Acekard R.P.G. ???
    Or update it's files so that it at least allow players to play the new rom. Who knows ...

10. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

One new thing in there is the 3DS Setup , YWG now doing fixing 3DS then ?????

11. Prectorian

Somehow I think it's more directed to making WOOD work on the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe which is (the cart) made by his affiliate/sponsor.
    As been previewed on the cart's official site, there shown _rpg folder and mentioned 'pre-loaded WOOD menu'. If not mistaken, Gateway 3DS uses an AKloader too. Which if (again... IF) not mistaken, both Gateway and R4i Gold Deluxe, both makes use of WOOD for Acekard R.P.G. as it's bootloader?!

12. Jhon 591

^ ??? wtf !lol they work together ....

!lol prectorian funny In it, worry more about glasses then noise :p xd.

I mean saying YWG is Gateways firmware ???

13. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

Gateway use a older wood v1.56, but for installing on 3ds they use a seperate file called GW_INSTALL.nds

Wood v1.64 have the 3ds install incorporated in the wood , no loose file.

And normal Wood is done by YWG

14. Prectorian

I've no idea about how it's done on the WOOD v.1.64. But knowing that WOOD is by YWG, and he is known to collaborate with R4i Gold team. It won't be a wonder if he shares the source file to WOOD and both sides working together to make it usable on the 3DS, leaving the NDS support altogether. I though suspect the v.1.64's 3DS support is still in experimental stage, much like how the RTS was when first introduced to the R4i Gold 3DS cart.

15. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

The links for the source codes are down :(

16. Prectorian

Can't help you there, maybe you could search via Google if you want it or email the Acekard team to fix their link.

17. Prectorian

*Remove Image - UP*

18. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Broken Image?

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

404 - Forbidden.

20. Prectorian

Ops! Image return after going missing. Oh well,....I've chosen to remove it. :p